Police crack down on Camden, Highgate and Crouch End moped attackers
- Credit: Archant
Haringey and Camden officers stopped a red moped and two riders have been arrested on suspicion of theft offences.
The red moped riders are currently in a north London police station.
Police are continuing to search for a blue Vespa moped around the Crouch End, Stroud Green, Finsbury Park, Seven Sisters and Tottenham areas.
It has two riders, one wearing a black helmet and the other in a white helmet.
Haringey PC Alistair Jackson said: “Police have been on targeted patrols to combat moped-related thefts.
“Officers from Camden and Haringey have stopped a red moped and two riders have been arrested for theft offences and taken to north London custody.
“Officers continue to search for a blue Vespa moped in the N4 area, two riders, one wearing a black helmet and the other in a white helmet.”
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 7 Man wanted after serious assault in Sussex 'may live in Camden'
- 8 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 9 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube stops
- 10 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
Police are investigating an attempted phone theft from a moped rider on Archway Road near Highgate tube station.
Two motorcycles rode past and a rider tried to snatch a phone from a pedestrian’s hand.
The victim managed to grip on to his phone and the suspects continued to ride on, in an incident reported to the police which happened before 10am on March 10.
Highgate neighbourhood PC Allan Greig said: “At just before 10am this morning in Archway Road o/s Highgate tube station two motorcycles rode past the victim and a rider of one of the motorcycles tried to snatch a phone from the victims hand.
“The victim managed to hold on to the phone and the suspects continued riding on.
“Reported to police and currently being investigated.”
Camden and Haringey police are on patrol to combat mopeds thefts.
- Anyone with any information should call Haringey or Camden police on 101.