Police crack down on Camden, Highgate and Crouch End moped attackers
- Credit: Archant
Haringey and Camden officers stopped a red moped and two riders have been arrested on suspicion of theft offences.
The red moped riders are currently in a north London police station.
Police are continuing to search for a blue Vespa moped around the Crouch End, Stroud Green, Finsbury Park, Seven Sisters and Tottenham areas.
It has two riders, one wearing a black helmet and the other in a white helmet.
Haringey PC Alistair Jackson said: “Police have been on targeted patrols to combat moped-related thefts.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers from Camden and Haringey have stopped a red moped and two riders have been arrested for theft offences and taken to north London custody.
“Officers continue to search for a blue Vespa moped in the N4 area, two riders, one wearing a black helmet and the other in a white helmet.”
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
Police are investigating an attempted phone theft from a moped rider on Archway Road near Highgate tube station.
Two motorcycles rode past and a rider tried to snatch a phone from a pedestrian’s hand.
The victim managed to grip on to his phone and the suspects continued to ride on, in an incident reported to the police which happened before 10am on March 10.
Highgate neighbourhood PC Allan Greig said: “At just before 10am this morning in Archway Road o/s Highgate tube station two motorcycles rode past the victim and a rider of one of the motorcycles tried to snatch a phone from the victims hand.
“The victim managed to hold on to the phone and the suspects continued riding on.
“Reported to police and currently being investigated.”
Camden and Haringey police are on patrol to combat mopeds thefts.
- Anyone with any information should call Haringey or Camden police on 101.