Police crack down on Camden, Highgate and Crouch End moped attackers
- Credit: Archant
Haringey and Camden officers stopped a red moped and two riders have been arrested on suspicion of theft offences.
The red moped riders are currently in a north London police station.
Police are continuing to search for a blue Vespa moped around the Crouch End, Stroud Green, Finsbury Park, Seven Sisters and Tottenham areas.
It has two riders, one wearing a black helmet and the other in a white helmet.
Haringey PC Alistair Jackson said: “Police have been on targeted patrols to combat moped-related thefts.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers from Camden and Haringey have stopped a red moped and two riders have been arrested for theft offences and taken to north London custody.
“Officers continue to search for a blue Vespa moped in the N4 area, two riders, one wearing a black helmet and the other in a white helmet.”
- 1 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 2 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 5 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 6 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 9 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 10 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
Police are investigating an attempted phone theft from a moped rider on Archway Road near Highgate tube station.
Two motorcycles rode past and a rider tried to snatch a phone from a pedestrian’s hand.
The victim managed to grip on to his phone and the suspects continued to ride on, in an incident reported to the police which happened before 10am on March 10.
Highgate neighbourhood PC Allan Greig said: “At just before 10am this morning in Archway Road o/s Highgate tube station two motorcycles rode past the victim and a rider of one of the motorcycles tried to snatch a phone from the victims hand.
“The victim managed to hold on to the phone and the suspects continued riding on.
“Reported to police and currently being investigated.”
Camden and Haringey police are on patrol to combat mopeds thefts.
- Anyone with any information should call Haringey or Camden police on 101.