Police chase as ‘stolen’ hatchback crashes into cop cars TWICE
- Credit: Archant
Police chased a Volkswagen Polo across three boroughs on Monday morning after it crashed into a patrol car at low speed.
The car’s two occupants were eventually arrested by dogged cops, but only after it rammed another police car.
At 3.15am, the police spotted the hatchback, which is believed to have been stolen, being driven suspiciously in Willesden Green.
It was then involved in a collision with the officers’ vehicle, before the occupants drove of at high speed.
From Brent, the police pursued the vehicle through Westminster before stopping in St Paul’s Crescent, Camden where the second collision took place.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: “Officers pursued the car until it stopped in St Paul’s Crescent in Camden. The car, which is believed to have been stolen, was again involved in a minor collision with a police vehicle as the driver attempted to get away from the scene.”
No-one was injured.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
A man aged 33 and a woman aged 27 were taken into custody over the incident while police enquiries continue.