Police chase as ‘stolen’ hatchback crashes into cop cars TWICE
- Credit: Archant
Police chased a Volkswagen Polo across three boroughs on Monday morning after it crashed into a patrol car at low speed.
The car’s two occupants were eventually arrested by dogged cops, but only after it rammed another police car.
At 3.15am, the police spotted the hatchback, which is believed to have been stolen, being driven suspiciously in Willesden Green.
It was then involved in a collision with the officers’ vehicle, before the occupants drove of at high speed.
From Brent, the police pursued the vehicle through Westminster before stopping in St Paul’s Crescent, Camden where the second collision took place.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: “Officers pursued the car until it stopped in St Paul’s Crescent in Camden. The car, which is believed to have been stolen, was again involved in a minor collision with a police vehicle as the driver attempted to get away from the scene.”
No-one was injured.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 10 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
A man aged 33 and a woman aged 27 were taken into custody over the incident while police enquiries continue.