Police chase as ‘stolen’ hatchback crashes into cop cars TWICE
- Credit: Archant
Police chased a Volkswagen Polo across three boroughs on Monday morning after it crashed into a patrol car at low speed.
The car’s two occupants were eventually arrested by dogged cops, but only after it rammed another police car.
At 3.15am, the police spotted the hatchback, which is believed to have been stolen, being driven suspiciously in Willesden Green.
It was then involved in a collision with the officers’ vehicle, before the occupants drove of at high speed.
From Brent, the police pursued the vehicle through Westminster before stopping in St Paul’s Crescent, Camden where the second collision took place.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: “Officers pursued the car until it stopped in St Paul’s Crescent in Camden. The car, which is believed to have been stolen, was again involved in a minor collision with a police vehicle as the driver attempted to get away from the scene.”
No-one was injured.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 7 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
A man aged 33 and a woman aged 27 were taken into custody over the incident while police enquiries continue.