Police attend reports of shooting in Maida Vale’s Shirland Road; incident turns out to involve a BB gun
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to reports of a shooting in Maida Vale in the early hours last night - but it turned out the incident involved a BB gun rather than a firearm.
Officers attended a property in Shirland Road and found a 52-year-old woman suffering from a head injury; however, there is as yet no evidence that a firearm was discharged, police say.
Instead, it appears the incident involved a BB gun,
The victim was taken to hospital but her injuries are not thought to be serious.
Police had been responding to reports of a shooting shortly after midnight on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
No suspects have been arrested and inquiries are ongoing.
Any witnesses, or anyone with any information, can contact police via 101, or via Twitter @MetCC.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.