Police attend reports of shooting in Maida Vale’s Shirland Road; incident turns out to involve a BB gun
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to reports of a shooting in Maida Vale in the early hours last night - but it turned out the incident involved a BB gun rather than a firearm.
Officers attended a property in Shirland Road and found a 52-year-old woman suffering from a head injury; however, there is as yet no evidence that a firearm was discharged, police say.
Instead, it appears the incident involved a BB gun,
The victim was taken to hospital but her injuries are not thought to be serious.
Police had been responding to reports of a shooting shortly after midnight on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
No suspects have been arrested and inquiries are ongoing.
Any witnesses, or anyone with any information, can contact police via 101, or via Twitter @MetCC.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
- 9 RuPaul's Drag Race star joins Sadiq Khan to launch eating out campaign
- 10 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.