Police attend reports of shooting in Maida Vale’s Shirland Road; incident turns out to involve a BB gun
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to reports of a shooting in Maida Vale in the early hours last night - but it turned out the incident involved a BB gun rather than a firearm.
Officers attended a property in Shirland Road and found a 52-year-old woman suffering from a head injury; however, there is as yet no evidence that a firearm was discharged, police say.
Instead, it appears the incident involved a BB gun,
The victim was taken to hospital but her injuries are not thought to be serious.
Police had been responding to reports of a shooting shortly after midnight on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
No suspects have been arrested and inquiries are ongoing.
Any witnesses, or anyone with any information, can contact police via 101, or via Twitter @MetCC.
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 3 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 7 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 8 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 9 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.