Police attend bomb scare at Swiss Cottage leisure centre as building is evacuated
- Credit: Archant
Swiss Cottage leisure centre and library have been evacuated after a ‘bomb scare’ at the sports centre this afternoon.
The bomb squad and sniffer dogs are at the centre in Adelaide Road after it was evacuated at about 2.30pm - leaving large crowds of people in sports wear standing around in silver blankets.
Sports centre users said police reportedly received calls about a bomb in a locker and evacuated the building.
Nearby Swiss Cottage Library has also been evacuated and a police cordon has been set up stretching back to Hampstead Theatre in Eton Avenue.
Rhio Jones, 18, from Primrose Hill, who was in the gym for a quick lunch time workout, said: “Everyone has done their best. As soon as we came out we were given the blankets.”
You may also want to watch:
The London Ambulance Service is on scene.
The Ham&High offices, which are next to the leisure centre, have also been evacuated.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill