Police arrest three women at Camden ‘brothel’
- Credit: Archant
Three women have been arrested at a suspected brothel in Camden Town following complaints from residents.
Police arrested a 37-year-old on suspicion of money laundering after officers found a large amount of money at the property in Lyme Street last month.
She was also arrested on suspicion of managing a brothel, alongside a 34-year-old and a 27-year-old who were arrested on suspicion of entering the UK illegally.
The 37-year-old was bailed to return to a north London police station later this month.
The 27-year-old was told to report to UK Visas and Immigration and issued with a temporary admission immigration form.
You may also want to watch:
The 34-year-old was later released without charge.
Police are now taking action to close the suspected brothel.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 5 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 6 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 7 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 8 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green