Police arrest second man over random park attacks in Haringey
A second man has been arrested in connection with a string of violent park attacks in Haringey.
The 27-year-old was quizzed and bailed by police until August 2 over a series of seemingly random attacks in Highgate Wood, Queens Wood and Alexandra Park in May and June.
A 33-year-old man had previously been arrested in connection with the five assaults and has been bailed to return on July 19.
The suspect is described as white male, 5ft 7 to 11inch tall, with short dark hair.
The attacks are chillingly similar to a series of violent assaults on park users by Ali Koc, 30, of Lightfoot Road, Hornsey, who was jailed for 35 years in May for the murder of two pensioners and a further five attacks.
You may also want to watch:
Police say the latest attacks are also apparently without motive.
Detectives are appealing for information and can be reached on 07899 967 616, 0208 345 0712 or anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 4 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 5 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 6 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community