Police arrest second man over random park attacks in Haringey
A second man has been arrested in connection with a string of violent park attacks in Haringey.
The 27-year-old was quizzed and bailed by police until August 2 over a series of seemingly random attacks in Highgate Wood, Queens Wood and Alexandra Park in May and June.
A 33-year-old man had previously been arrested in connection with the five assaults and has been bailed to return on July 19.
The suspect is described as white male, 5ft 7 to 11inch tall, with short dark hair.
The attacks are chillingly similar to a series of violent assaults on park users by Ali Koc, 30, of Lightfoot Road, Hornsey, who was jailed for 35 years in May for the murder of two pensioners and a further five attacks.
You may also want to watch:
Police say the latest attacks are also apparently without motive.
Detectives are appealing for information and can be reached on 07899 967 616, 0208 345 0712 or anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched