Police appeal to trace missing sex offender last seen in Camden
- Credit: MPS Press Bureau
Police have issued an appeal to trace a missing sex offender who is required to notify the authorities of his whereabouts.
Colin Franklin, 49, is believed to be homeless and was last seen in the Camden area in August.
He is required to report to police weekly to notify officers of his whereabouts but has failed to do so since August, contrary to the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
Richmond police are appealing to the public to report any sightings of him.
They are advised not to approach him and to call 999 immediately.
Franklin is also wanted for questioning on suspicion of common assault in relation to an incident in Sutton in September.
He is described as black, of slim build, and 5ft 11inches tall.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 8 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
He is known to frequent the Brent and Camden areas.
Anyone who has seen Franklin, knows of his whereabouts, or has any other information is asked to contact DC Toni Benn, at Jigsaw Unit on Richmond Borough, on 020 8721 5895 or via 101.