Police appeal to trace missing sex offender last seen in Camden
- Credit: MPS Press Bureau
Police have issued an appeal to trace a missing sex offender who is required to notify the authorities of his whereabouts.
Colin Franklin, 49, is believed to be homeless and was last seen in the Camden area in August.
He is required to report to police weekly to notify officers of his whereabouts but has failed to do so since August, contrary to the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
Richmond police are appealing to the public to report any sightings of him.
They are advised not to approach him and to call 999 immediately.
Franklin is also wanted for questioning on suspicion of common assault in relation to an incident in Sutton in September.
He is described as black, of slim build, and 5ft 11inches tall.
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 3 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 5 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 6 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
- 7 Father's fear autistic son will 'dive through' window of unsafe West Hampstead home
- 8 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 9 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 10 Unarmed man shot by police during prison break was ‘lawfully killed’
He is known to frequent the Brent and Camden areas.
Anyone who has seen Franklin, knows of his whereabouts, or has any other information is asked to contact DC Toni Benn, at Jigsaw Unit on Richmond Borough, on 020 8721 5895 or via 101.