Police appeal to trace missing sex offender last seen in Camden
- Credit: MPS Press Bureau
Police have issued an appeal to trace a missing sex offender who is required to notify the authorities of his whereabouts.
Colin Franklin, 49, is believed to be homeless and was last seen in the Camden area in August.
He is required to report to police weekly to notify officers of his whereabouts but has failed to do so since August, contrary to the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
Richmond police are appealing to the public to report any sightings of him.
They are advised not to approach him and to call 999 immediately.
You may also want to watch:
Franklin is also wanted for questioning on suspicion of common assault in relation to an incident in Sutton in September.
He is described as black, of slim build, and 5ft 11inches tall.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 8 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 9 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
He is known to frequent the Brent and Camden areas.
Anyone who has seen Franklin, knows of his whereabouts, or has any other information is asked to contact DC Toni Benn, at Jigsaw Unit on Richmond Borough, on 020 8721 5895 or via 101.