Police appeal to trace missing sex offender last seen in Camden
- Credit: MPS Press Bureau
Police have issued an appeal to trace a missing sex offender who is required to notify the authorities of his whereabouts.
Colin Franklin, 49, is believed to be homeless and was last seen in the Camden area in August.
He is required to report to police weekly to notify officers of his whereabouts but has failed to do so since August, contrary to the Sexual Offences Act 2003.
Richmond police are appealing to the public to report any sightings of him.
They are advised not to approach him and to call 999 immediately.
You may also want to watch:
Franklin is also wanted for questioning on suspicion of common assault in relation to an incident in Sutton in September.
He is described as black, of slim build, and 5ft 11inches tall.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
He is known to frequent the Brent and Camden areas.
Anyone who has seen Franklin, knows of his whereabouts, or has any other information is asked to contact DC Toni Benn, at Jigsaw Unit on Richmond Borough, on 020 8721 5895 or via 101.