Police appeal to trace Jewish man who chased Golders Green burglars
AN URGENT appeal has been launched to try and trace a brave resident who pursued three burglars in Golders Green on Wednesday.
At 8.20pm a man left his house in Bridge Lane and saw two white men leaving his neighbour’s house. They confronted him and one claimed to have a knife.
Showing immense bravery the resident grabbed the man’s arm, but he slipped out of his jumper and both men ran away in the direction of Brent Street and were joined by a third man.
At this point a driver described as a Jewish man pulled up in a white or cream-coloured people carrier, asked if the resident was alright and set off in pursuit of the burglars.
The motorist retuned moments later and said he had seen the suspects in a Blue Renault Megane. Police are desperately trying to trace the driver of the people carrier so they can speak to him.
You may also want to watch:
Detective constable Pail Richardson said: “Both these men deserve recognition for their action. It is this sort of bravery and community spirit that gives us all hope, even when our lives are blighted by crime.”
Witnesses should contact DC Paul Richardson on 0300-123 1212 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800-555 1111, quoting reference 2425312/10.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate