Police appeal to trace Jewish man who chased Golders Green burglars
AN URGENT appeal has been launched to try and trace a brave resident who pursued three burglars in Golders Green on Wednesday.
At 8.20pm a man left his house in Bridge Lane and saw two white men leaving his neighbour’s house. They confronted him and one claimed to have a knife.
Showing immense bravery the resident grabbed the man’s arm, but he slipped out of his jumper and both men ran away in the direction of Brent Street and were joined by a third man.
At this point a driver described as a Jewish man pulled up in a white or cream-coloured people carrier, asked if the resident was alright and set off in pursuit of the burglars.
The motorist retuned moments later and said he had seen the suspects in a Blue Renault Megane. Police are desperately trying to trace the driver of the people carrier so they can speak to him.
You may also want to watch:
Detective constable Pail Richardson said: “Both these men deserve recognition for their action. It is this sort of bravery and community spirit that gives us all hope, even when our lives are blighted by crime.”
Witnesses should contact DC Paul Richardson on 0300-123 1212 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800-555 1111, quoting reference 2425312/10.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 8 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'