Police appeal for witnesses to robbery and double stabbing in Belsize Park
- Credit: Archant
Trident detectives are appealing for witnesses and information following a double stabbing in Belsize Park on Wednesday September 7.
That night, police and paramedics were called to reports of a stabbing in Eton College Road at around 11pm.
A 20-year-old man was found with stab wounds and taken to a central London hospital.
Shortly afterwards, officers were informed that a 28-year-old man had attended a north London hospital with stab wounds.
Both were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm, but have since been released without charge and discharged from hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
Scotland Yard said in a statement: “At this early stage it is understood that both men were the victims of robberies.”
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 4 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 5 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 6 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa
The suspects are described as a group of up to six black men wearing balaclavas, and it is thought they fled the scene in a dark coloured Mercedes 4x4 and a light coloured Mercedes coupé.
Detective Constable Leigh Dooley, the officer in case for the Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “The area around Eton Road would have been busy, even at the late hour of these offences, due to an event at the Roundhouse that night.
“I am appealing for anyone who was in or around the area that may have seen or heard anything, to contact us.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call Trident in confidence on 020 8201 2884, or contact police via 101.
To give information anonymously, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.