Police appeal for witnesses to robbery and double stabbing in Belsize Park
- Credit: Archant
Trident detectives are appealing for witnesses and information following a double stabbing in Belsize Park on Wednesday September 7.
That night, police and paramedics were called to reports of a stabbing in Eton College Road at around 11pm.
A 20-year-old man was found with stab wounds and taken to a central London hospital.
Shortly afterwards, officers were informed that a 28-year-old man had attended a north London hospital with stab wounds.
Both were arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm, but have since been released without charge and discharged from hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Trident and Area Crime Command are investigating.
Scotland Yard said in a statement: “At this early stage it is understood that both men were the victims of robberies.”
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 5 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 6 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 7 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 8 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 9 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 10 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
The suspects are described as a group of up to six black men wearing balaclavas, and it is thought they fled the scene in a dark coloured Mercedes 4x4 and a light coloured Mercedes coupé.
Detective Constable Leigh Dooley, the officer in case for the Trident and Area Crime Command, said: “The area around Eton Road would have been busy, even at the late hour of these offences, due to an event at the Roundhouse that night.
“I am appealing for anyone who was in or around the area that may have seen or heard anything, to contact us.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call Trident in confidence on 020 8201 2884, or contact police via 101.
To give information anonymously, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.