Police appeal for witnesses to Camden Town robbery
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman was knocked to the ground in a robbery in Camden Town.
The victim was in Camden High Street, at the junction with Hawley Crescent, at about 2.30am on Friday August 16 when she was accosted by a black man who ran up to her and tried to snatch her bag.
The woman tried to keep hold of her bag but was pushed to the ground.
The suspect also tumbled over, before getting up and yanking the bag again, which pulled the woman to her feet as she refused to let go.
The man then stole her phone before running off along Hawley Crescent.
You may also want to watch:
A group of people witnessed the incident and some attempted to chase the man.
Det Con Yvonne Fowler, from Camden CID, said: ”I am confident that the people who witnessed this robbery will have vital information that will help me solve this crime and take this violent offender off our streets.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 9 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 10 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
Anyone with information is asked to call Camden CID on 020 8733 6047 or 101 quoting reference CRIS2321237/13.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.