Police appeal for witnesses to Camden Town robbery
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman was knocked to the ground in a robbery in Camden Town.
The victim was in Camden High Street, at the junction with Hawley Crescent, at about 2.30am on Friday August 16 when she was accosted by a black man who ran up to her and tried to snatch her bag.
The woman tried to keep hold of her bag but was pushed to the ground.
The suspect also tumbled over, before getting up and yanking the bag again, which pulled the woman to her feet as she refused to let go.
The man then stole her phone before running off along Hawley Crescent.
You may also want to watch:
A group of people witnessed the incident and some attempted to chase the man.
Det Con Yvonne Fowler, from Camden CID, said: ”I am confident that the people who witnessed this robbery will have vital information that will help me solve this crime and take this violent offender off our streets.”
- 1 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 2 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 6 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 7 For sale: Suggs' former 'bachelor pad' with gold-gilded underground bar
- 8 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
Anyone with information is asked to call Camden CID on 020 8733 6047 or 101 quoting reference CRIS2321237/13.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.