Police appeal for witnesses to Camden Town robbery
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a woman was knocked to the ground in a robbery in Camden Town.
The victim was in Camden High Street, at the junction with Hawley Crescent, at about 2.30am on Friday August 16 when she was accosted by a black man who ran up to her and tried to snatch her bag.
The woman tried to keep hold of her bag but was pushed to the ground.
The suspect also tumbled over, before getting up and yanking the bag again, which pulled the woman to her feet as she refused to let go.
The man then stole her phone before running off along Hawley Crescent.
You may also want to watch:
A group of people witnessed the incident and some attempted to chase the man.
Det Con Yvonne Fowler, from Camden CID, said: ”I am confident that the people who witnessed this robbery will have vital information that will help me solve this crime and take this violent offender off our streets.”
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
Anyone with information is asked to call Camden CID on 020 8733 6047 or 101 quoting reference CRIS2321237/13.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.