Burglars steal designer sunglasses during rush-hour smash-and-grab in Swiss Cottage
- Credit: Archant
Burglars stole hundreds of pounds worth of designer sunglasses in a smash-and-grab in Swiss Cottage this morning.
The frames were taken from Vision Express in Harben Parade during the break-in at rush-hour. The burglars smashed the window at the front of the store to gain access, before taking the glasses and escaping.
The incident took place before staff had turned up to the store, so nobody was injured. A call was made to police at 9am. They believe it was reported some time after it took place.
Appointments for customers were cancelled this morning as the Met's officers investigated. They are currently examining fingerprints left at the site and looking at the store's CCTV.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting crime reference number 1920 of May 30.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 0207 433 0119.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 9 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale