Burglars steal designer sunglasses during rush-hour smash-and-grab in Swiss Cottage
- Credit: Archant
Burglars stole hundreds of pounds worth of designer sunglasses in a smash-and-grab in Swiss Cottage this morning.
The frames were taken from Vision Express in Harben Parade during the break-in at rush-hour. The burglars smashed the window at the front of the store to gain access, before taking the glasses and escaping.
The incident took place before staff had turned up to the store, so nobody was injured. A call was made to police at 9am. They believe it was reported some time after it took place.
Appointments for customers were cancelled this morning as the Met's officers investigated. They are currently examining fingerprints left at the site and looking at the store's CCTV.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting crime reference number 1920 of May 30.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 0207 433 0119.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office