Police appeal for information after rape of 15-year-old in Crouch End
- Credit: Google Maps
Police are appealing for information after a 15-year-old girl was raped in Crouch End in December.
The teenager was attacked as she walked down an alleyway on Nelson Road, near the junction with Tottenham Lane between 9.30pm and 10.30pm on Saturday December 2.
It is believed the man attempted to chase the victim as she ran away after the attack, and passers-by shouted at him to stop.
The incident was reported to the police on Tuesday January 16, after the victim spoke to a teacher.
The suspect is described as a white man, around 6ft tall, of proportionate build, aged between 30 and 50-years old, with a red-faced complexion.
You may also want to watch:
He was wearing a beanie hat, a jumper pulled over his chin and mouth, a black Puffa-style jacket, and dark trousers and trainers.
DC Matthew Cron from the Met’s Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command, said: “This was a horrific attack on a young girl by an unknown suspect. We believe that a number of people saw the suspect as he ran from the scene, and we would urge them or anyone else with information, or who saw anyone suspicious in the Nelson Road area on that day, to come forward.”
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 8 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 9 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
Police want any witnesses, or anybody with information, to call the Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command on 02072302260 or 101, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.