Police appeal after moped thieves target pedestrians in Hampstead and Kentish Town
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Police in Camden are appealing for information following two moped-enabled robberies in Kentish Town and Hampstead.
At 10.25pm on Thursday, October 8, a male victim was in Fortess Road, Kentish Town, close to the Junction Tavern public house.
The suspects approached on a moped and stole his mobile phone before riding off in the direction of Tufnell Park Underground Station.
Approximately five minutes later, a 28-year-old woman was walking along Hampstead High Street when two people on a moped approached her from behind and snatched her mobile phone out of her hand.
Officers would like to speak with anyone who witnessed either of the robberies.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries continue to establish whether the two incidents are linked.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via 101.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 6 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
There have been no arrests.