Police appeal after moped thieves target pedestrians in Hampstead and Kentish Town
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Police in Camden are appealing for information following two moped-enabled robberies in Kentish Town and Hampstead.
At 10.25pm on Thursday, October 8, a male victim was in Fortess Road, Kentish Town, close to the Junction Tavern public house.
The suspects approached on a moped and stole his mobile phone before riding off in the direction of Tufnell Park Underground Station.
Approximately five minutes later, a 28-year-old woman was walking along Hampstead High Street when two people on a moped approached her from behind and snatched her mobile phone out of her hand.
Officers would like to speak with anyone who witnessed either of the robberies.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries continue to establish whether the two incidents are linked.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via 101.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
There have been no arrests.