Police appeal after moped thieves target pedestrians in Hampstead and Kentish Town
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Police in Camden are appealing for information following two moped-enabled robberies in Kentish Town and Hampstead.
At 10.25pm on Thursday, October 8, a male victim was in Fortess Road, Kentish Town, close to the Junction Tavern public house.
The suspects approached on a moped and stole his mobile phone before riding off in the direction of Tufnell Park Underground Station.
Approximately five minutes later, a 28-year-old woman was walking along Hampstead High Street when two people on a moped approached her from behind and snatched her mobile phone out of her hand.
Officers would like to speak with anyone who witnessed either of the robberies.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries continue to establish whether the two incidents are linked.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via 101.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
There have been no arrests.