Police appeal after moped thieves target pedestrians in Hampstead and Kentish Town
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
Police in Camden are appealing for information following two moped-enabled robberies in Kentish Town and Hampstead.
At 10.25pm on Thursday, October 8, a male victim was in Fortess Road, Kentish Town, close to the Junction Tavern public house.
The suspects approached on a moped and stole his mobile phone before riding off in the direction of Tufnell Park Underground Station.
Approximately five minutes later, a 28-year-old woman was walking along Hampstead High Street when two people on a moped approached her from behind and snatched her mobile phone out of her hand.
Officers would like to speak with anyone who witnessed either of the robberies.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries continue to establish whether the two incidents are linked.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via 101.
- 1 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 4 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 5 Protests over Highgate housing plan but council moves to reassure locals
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'That's life': Tao Geoghegan Hart on his debut Tour de France
- 8 Hundreds raised for St John’s Wood shop wrecked by flooding
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
There have been no arrests.