Police appeal after man punched in Belsize Park
- Credit: Archant
A man was taken to hospital after a fight outside a restaurant in Belsize Park.
Police were called at about 6.15pm on Saturday to reports of an assault in the street outside Retsina in Belsize Lane.
The victim, a 41-year-old man who had earlier been escorted from a private party at the Greek eaterie, was punched in the face before the suspect made off along Belsize Terrace.
The suspect was white, aged about 25 to 30, 5ft 7in tall, with short brown hair.
Officers said the victim was taken to hospital but his injuries were not life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Officers from Camden CID are investigating.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 7 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 8 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 9 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 10 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.