Police appeal for information after attempted West Hampstead knife robbery
- Credit: British Transport Police
Transport cops are looking for a man and woman they believe carried out an attempted knifepoint robbery at West Hampstead station.
Just after midday on May 11, a 28-year-old man got off a northbound Jubilee line train at the station. He’d been verbally abused by a man and woman after he got on the train at Bond Street.
At West Hampstead, he was followed by the couple. He decided to wait in the station, hoping they would move on, but they approached him, blocking his path, and demanded he hand over his possessions.
The man pulled out a knife and threatened the victim.
Fearing for his life, the 28-year-old ran and took shelter in a building. The two suspects then fled.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe the man and woman shown in CCTV images may have information that could help the investigation.
Anybody who can help identify them is asked to contact British Transport Police by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 15 of May 11.
- 1 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 2 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 3 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 4 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 5 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 6 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 7 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 8 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 9 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 10 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3