Police appeal for information after attempted West Hampstead knife robbery
- Credit: British Transport Police
Transport cops are looking for a man and woman they believe carried out an attempted knifepoint robbery at West Hampstead station.
Just after midday on May 11, a 28-year-old man got off a northbound Jubilee line train at the station. He’d been verbally abused by a man and woman after he got on the train at Bond Street.
At West Hampstead, he was followed by the couple. He decided to wait in the station, hoping they would move on, but they approached him, blocking his path, and demanded he hand over his possessions.
The man pulled out a knife and threatened the victim.
Fearing for his life, the 28-year-old ran and took shelter in a building. The two suspects then fled.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe the man and woman shown in CCTV images may have information that could help the investigation.
Anybody who can help identify them is asked to contact British Transport Police by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 15 of May 11.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 4 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 5 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 6 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road