Police appeal for information after attempted West Hampstead knife robbery
- Credit: British Transport Police
Transport cops are looking for a man and woman they believe carried out an attempted knifepoint robbery at West Hampstead station.
Just after midday on May 11, a 28-year-old man got off a northbound Jubilee line train at the station. He’d been verbally abused by a man and woman after he got on the train at Bond Street.
At West Hampstead, he was followed by the couple. He decided to wait in the station, hoping they would move on, but they approached him, blocking his path, and demanded he hand over his possessions.
The man pulled out a knife and threatened the victim.
Fearing for his life, the 28-year-old ran and took shelter in a building. The two suspects then fled.
You may also want to watch:
Officers believe the man and woman shown in CCTV images may have information that could help the investigation.
Anybody who can help identify them is asked to contact British Transport Police by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 15 of May 11.
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 7 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 10 Hampstead Heath: Does an increase in visitors mean fewer birds?