Police appeal after girl, 5, sexually assaulted in Highgate Wood
- Credit: Archant
Officers are investigating reports that a five-year-old child was assaulted in Highgate Wood while out on a walk with a relative on Sunday afternoon.
When she came home, the child told her mother that she did not feel well and that she had been sexually assaulted.
In an email, Highgate Pc Sener Ibrahim told residents: “The victim was at Highgate Wood, in Muswell Hill Road, with a relative, between 12.30 and 6.30pm.
“When she went home, the victim did not feel well.
“She then told her mother she was assaulted by an unknown man at the venue.”
You may also want to watch:
The child was taken to a north London hospital and the police were called.
There were no injuries reported.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
A crime scene was put in place around Highgate Wood.
There is no description of the suspect at this time.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact the police via 101 or @MetCC.