Police appeal after girl, 5, sexually assaulted in Highgate Wood
- Credit: Archant
Officers are investigating reports that a five-year-old child was assaulted in Highgate Wood while out on a walk with a relative on Sunday afternoon.
When she came home, the child told her mother that she did not feel well and that she had been sexually assaulted.
In an email, Highgate Pc Sener Ibrahim told residents: “The victim was at Highgate Wood, in Muswell Hill Road, with a relative, between 12.30 and 6.30pm.
“When she went home, the victim did not feel well.
“She then told her mother she was assaulted by an unknown man at the venue.”
The child was taken to a north London hospital and the police were called.
There were no injuries reported.
- 1 'No one hurt' as branch crashes to ground at Hampstead Heath
- 2 Cycle lanes welcomed by riders but traders express frustration
- 3 Cement lorry leaks 'concrete puddle' onto Highgate road
- 4 Elderly disabled woman 'racially abused' on Camden bus
- 5 Olivia Newton-John: From West Hampstead to worldwide fame
- 6 Liz Truss backs a fully inclusive conversion therapy ban, says MP
- 7 Crouch End baker awarded Badge of the Order of Mercy for his charity work
- 8 'The 214 to Provence: Where catching a London bus can take you'
- 9 People flouting barbecue ban in Waterlow Park
- 10 Campaign launched for young people anxious about A Level and GSCE results
A crime scene was put in place around Highgate Wood.
There is no description of the suspect at this time.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact the police via 101 or @MetCC.