Police appeal after girl, 5, sexually assaulted in Highgate Wood
- Credit: Archant
Officers are investigating reports that a five-year-old child was assaulted in Highgate Wood while out on a walk with a relative on Sunday afternoon.
When she came home, the child told her mother that she did not feel well and that she had been sexually assaulted.
In an email, Highgate Pc Sener Ibrahim told residents: “The victim was at Highgate Wood, in Muswell Hill Road, with a relative, between 12.30 and 6.30pm.
“When she went home, the victim did not feel well.
“She then told her mother she was assaulted by an unknown man at the venue.”
You may also want to watch:
The child was taken to a north London hospital and the police were called.
There were no injuries reported.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
A crime scene was put in place around Highgate Wood.
There is no description of the suspect at this time.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact the police via 101 or @MetCC.