Police appeal after girl, 5, sexually assaulted in Highgate Wood
- Credit: Archant
Officers are investigating reports that a five-year-old child was assaulted in Highgate Wood while out on a walk with a relative on Sunday afternoon.
When she came home, the child told her mother that she did not feel well and that she had been sexually assaulted.
In an email, Highgate Pc Sener Ibrahim told residents: “The victim was at Highgate Wood, in Muswell Hill Road, with a relative, between 12.30 and 6.30pm.
“When she went home, the victim did not feel well.
“She then told her mother she was assaulted by an unknown man at the venue.”
You may also want to watch:
The child was taken to a north London hospital and the police were called.
There were no injuries reported.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
A crime scene was put in place around Highgate Wood.
There is no description of the suspect at this time.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact the police via 101 or @MetCC.