Police appeal after girl, 5, sexually assaulted in Highgate Wood
- Credit: Archant
Officers are investigating reports that a five-year-old child was assaulted in Highgate Wood while out on a walk with a relative on Sunday afternoon.
When she came home, the child told her mother that she did not feel well and that she had been sexually assaulted.
In an email, Highgate Pc Sener Ibrahim told residents: “The victim was at Highgate Wood, in Muswell Hill Road, with a relative, between 12.30 and 6.30pm.
“When she went home, the victim did not feel well.
“She then told her mother she was assaulted by an unknown man at the venue.”
The child was taken to a north London hospital and the police were called.
There were no injuries reported.
- 1 Camden recycling ‘indiscriminately’ contaminated as lorry issues persist
- 2 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 3 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 4 Artist with autism gets purr of approval from Grayson Perry
- 5 'First public sculpture' of Mother of Methodism carved in East Finchley
- 6 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 7 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 8 Ramsey Court: Residents send letter to Gove in attempt to stop development
- 9 Boy, 14, charged following Harringay Sainsbury's stabbing
- 10 Full fibre broadband rollout coming to Crouch End and Barking
A crime scene was put in place around Highgate Wood.
There is no description of the suspect at this time.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact the police via 101 or @MetCC.