Police appeal after 90-year-old attacked and robbed in St John’s Wood
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 90-year-old man was attacked and robbed in St. John’s Wood.
Police were called at 7.10am on November 22 2017 after the man reported being attacked outside his home in Jerome Crescent.
A man and a woman approached him from behind before hitting him around the back of the head and pushing him to the floor.
The woman then took his wallet, which contained cash and bank cards.
Police are looking to speak to a black man, aged in his 30s, who is around 6ft 1in tall, and of muscular build. He was wearing a light coloured hooded top, black trousers, and white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
The woman is described as white, in her early 30s, with red hair and is around 5ft 9in tall. She is of thin build and was wearing a yellow coat, and carrying a large black bag.
Detective Sergeant Jonathan Bradshaw, from Westminster CID, said: “The victim was attacked and robbed of his pension money as he was heading to see a friend. Luckily he sustained no injuries but was left shaken up by the attack.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
“This was a cowardly attack on a vulnerable man, who was unable to fight back and defend himself. We’re very keen to find the perpetrators and are appealing for anyone who may have been in the area at the time of the incident to contact police.”
Anybody with information should contact Westminster police on 020 7321 7589, call 101 or anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.