Pictures: Samurai swords and knives seized in Camden gang crime crack down
- Credit: None
Over 100 weapons have been seized in Camden in a police crack down on gang crime.
Over the past four months officers from Camden local policing teams have carried out a number of weapon sweeps around the south of the borough to tackle gang and violent crime.
Police undertook painstaking searches using intelligence provided by the local community about spots where weapons may have been stashed.
Police say the searches yielded significant results and officers have recovered a number of knives and samurai swords.
Det Supt Raffaele D’Orsi said: “The removal of these dangerous weapons from the hands of those intent on violence or their use to progress their criminality has made Camden safer.
You may also want to watch:
“Local policing teams supported by all of Camden’s police units will continue to work with our communities and partners to tackle those intent on violence.
“The seizure of these weapons is evidence that this partnership works and continues to make Camden safer for its residents and those who visit.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
“We will build on this success in Camden by rooting out those who carry or store offensive weapons on our streets.”