Pictures: Samurai swords and knives seized in Camden gang crime crack down
- Credit: None
Over 100 weapons have been seized in Camden in a police crack down on gang crime.
Over the past four months officers from Camden local policing teams have carried out a number of weapon sweeps around the south of the borough to tackle gang and violent crime.
Police undertook painstaking searches using intelligence provided by the local community about spots where weapons may have been stashed.
Police say the searches yielded significant results and officers have recovered a number of knives and samurai swords.
Det Supt Raffaele D’Orsi said: “The removal of these dangerous weapons from the hands of those intent on violence or their use to progress their criminality has made Camden safer.
You may also want to watch:
“Local policing teams supported by all of Camden’s police units will continue to work with our communities and partners to tackle those intent on violence.
“The seizure of these weapons is evidence that this partnership works and continues to make Camden safer for its residents and those who visit.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 9 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
“We will build on this success in Camden by rooting out those who carry or store offensive weapons on our streets.”