Pictures: Samurai swords and knives seized in Camden gang crime crack down
- Credit: None
Over 100 weapons have been seized in Camden in a police crack down on gang crime.
Over the past four months officers from Camden local policing teams have carried out a number of weapon sweeps around the south of the borough to tackle gang and violent crime.
Police undertook painstaking searches using intelligence provided by the local community about spots where weapons may have been stashed.
Police say the searches yielded significant results and officers have recovered a number of knives and samurai swords.
Det Supt Raffaele D’Orsi said: “The removal of these dangerous weapons from the hands of those intent on violence or their use to progress their criminality has made Camden safer.
You may also want to watch:
“Local policing teams supported by all of Camden’s police units will continue to work with our communities and partners to tackle those intent on violence.
“The seizure of these weapons is evidence that this partnership works and continues to make Camden safer for its residents and those who visit.
- 1 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 7 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
“We will build on this success in Camden by rooting out those who carry or store offensive weapons on our streets.”