Pictures: Samurai swords and knives seized in Camden gang crime crack down
- Credit: None
Over 100 weapons have been seized in Camden in a police crack down on gang crime.
Over the past four months officers from Camden local policing teams have carried out a number of weapon sweeps around the south of the borough to tackle gang and violent crime.
Police undertook painstaking searches using intelligence provided by the local community about spots where weapons may have been stashed.
Police say the searches yielded significant results and officers have recovered a number of knives and samurai swords.
Det Supt Raffaele D’Orsi said: “The removal of these dangerous weapons from the hands of those intent on violence or their use to progress their criminality has made Camden safer.
You may also want to watch:
“Local policing teams supported by all of Camden’s police units will continue to work with our communities and partners to tackle those intent on violence.
“The seizure of these weapons is evidence that this partnership works and continues to make Camden safer for its residents and those who visit.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 8 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Camden arts charity sets up award in memory of actor Helen McCrory
“We will build on this success in Camden by rooting out those who carry or store offensive weapons on our streets.”