PICTURES: Moped gang smashes into Boots in Finchley Road stealing perfume worth £5,000
- Credit: Archant
Dramatic CCTV images show a moped gang grabbing £5,000 worth of perfume during a raid on Boots in Temple Fortune.
The footage shows four raiders on two mopeds pulling up outside Boots, in Finchley Road carrying large shopping bags and a cement post.
A Met Spokesman said: “One of the suspects used the post to smash open the front door of the chemist. Once broken, all four suspects entered the store, smashed the glass display cabinets and filled their bags with perfume and aftershave brands such as YSL, Armani, Hugo Boss, Paco Rabanne, Givenchy, Diesel, Dior, Lacoste, DKNY, Davidoff, Cerruti and CK One.
“The suspects then made off on their mopeds.”
The incident happened at about 1.30am on Thursday April 26 but the CCTV footage has just been released.
Det Con Kim Louey from Barnet’s Major Crime Unit said: “We are appealing for anyone who may have seen these suspects. We know from CCTV, drivers and buses were operating at the time of the offence, with passengers getting off the bus as the suspects loaded up their mopeds with the goods.”
The suspects are described as:
- 1 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 4 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 7 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
- 8 Proposed bus changes could see Hampstead bus route 168 merged
- 9 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
- 10 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'
Suspect one: wore a white (top backside shown in store), wearing a dark full face helmet, dark top and trousers and black shoes.
Suspect two: wore a dark full face helmet, dark hooded jacket with a white logo on the left chest, black trousers over grey pants and black shoes.
Suspect three: wore a dark full face helmet, a grey top with a white Adidas logo on the left chest and black trousers.
Suspect four: wore a dark full face helmet, light coloured hooded top with a blue lining, dark blue trousers, white socks and black shoes.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Barnet CID on 020 8733 4024 or via 101 quoting reference CAD 405/26Apr or tweet @MetCC. To call anonymously, please contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.