Physiotherapist jailed for sexually assaulting client at Kentish Town fitness club
- Credit: Archant
A physiotherapist who worked at a Kentish Town fitness club has been jailed for 12 months for sexually assaulting a client.
Thomas Haughton, 50, was treating a woman for a knee injury at the club in Highgate Road on September 19 last year when he put his hand inside her shorts and touched the top of her vagina.
The shocked victim sat up and Haughton, who worked for a physiotherapy company based at the fitness club, kissed her.
While reporting the crime at a police station, the victim recieved a text from Houghton apologising for his earlier behaviour.
He attended Holborn Police Station the next day and was arrested and charged.
Haughton, of Seymour Terrace, South Norwood, was found guilty of two counts of sexual assault at Blackfriars Crown Court on Tuesday.
He was jailed for 12 months and placed on the Sex Offenders Register for five years.
- 1 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 2 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 3 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 4 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 5 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 8 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 9 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'
- 10 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
Det Con Steph Barron, of Camden Community Safety Unit, said: “This assault has left the victim traumatised and she is still trying to get over the incident.
“Haughton abused his position of trust for which he fully deserves the custodial sentence.”