Physiotherapist jailed for sexually assaulting client at Kentish Town fitness club
- Credit: Archant
A physiotherapist who worked at a Kentish Town fitness club has been jailed for 12 months for sexually assaulting a client.
Thomas Haughton, 50, was treating a woman for a knee injury at the club in Highgate Road on September 19 last year when he put his hand inside her shorts and touched the top of her vagina.
The shocked victim sat up and Haughton, who worked for a physiotherapy company based at the fitness club, kissed her.
While reporting the crime at a police station, the victim recieved a text from Houghton apologising for his earlier behaviour.
He attended Holborn Police Station the next day and was arrested and charged.
You may also want to watch:
Haughton, of Seymour Terrace, South Norwood, was found guilty of two counts of sexual assault at Blackfriars Crown Court on Tuesday.
He was jailed for 12 months and placed on the Sex Offenders Register for five years.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 5 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 6 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 7 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 8 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
Det Con Steph Barron, of Camden Community Safety Unit, said: “This assault has left the victim traumatised and she is still trying to get over the incident.
“Haughton abused his position of trust for which he fully deserves the custodial sentence.”