Physiotherapist jailed for sexually assaulting client at Kentish Town fitness club
- Credit: Archant
A physiotherapist who worked at a Kentish Town fitness club has been jailed for 12 months for sexually assaulting a client.
Thomas Haughton, 50, was treating a woman for a knee injury at the club in Highgate Road on September 19 last year when he put his hand inside her shorts and touched the top of her vagina.
The shocked victim sat up and Haughton, who worked for a physiotherapy company based at the fitness club, kissed her.
While reporting the crime at a police station, the victim recieved a text from Houghton apologising for his earlier behaviour.
He attended Holborn Police Station the next day and was arrested and charged.
You may also want to watch:
Haughton, of Seymour Terrace, South Norwood, was found guilty of two counts of sexual assault at Blackfriars Crown Court on Tuesday.
He was jailed for 12 months and placed on the Sex Offenders Register for five years.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
Det Con Steph Barron, of Camden Community Safety Unit, said: “This assault has left the victim traumatised and she is still trying to get over the incident.
“Haughton abused his position of trust for which he fully deserves the custodial sentence.”