Physiotherapist jailed for sexually assaulting client at Kentish Town fitness club
- Credit: Archant
A physiotherapist who worked at a Kentish Town fitness club has been jailed for 12 months for sexually assaulting a client.
Thomas Haughton, 50, was treating a woman for a knee injury at the club in Highgate Road on September 19 last year when he put his hand inside her shorts and touched the top of her vagina.
The shocked victim sat up and Haughton, who worked for a physiotherapy company based at the fitness club, kissed her.
While reporting the crime at a police station, the victim recieved a text from Houghton apologising for his earlier behaviour.
He attended Holborn Police Station the next day and was arrested and charged.
You may also want to watch:
Haughton, of Seymour Terrace, South Norwood, was found guilty of two counts of sexual assault at Blackfriars Crown Court on Tuesday.
He was jailed for 12 months and placed on the Sex Offenders Register for five years.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 8 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
Det Con Steph Barron, of Camden Community Safety Unit, said: “This assault has left the victim traumatised and she is still trying to get over the incident.
“Haughton abused his position of trust for which he fully deserves the custodial sentence.”