Maida Vale paedophile and his former landlord jailed for historic sexual abuse of young boys in Haringey and Islington
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Two perverts have been jailed for a combined stretch of 19 years for sexual offences against three boys in Hornsey, Muswell Hill and Islington.
Chetin Hussyin, 66, who now lives in Cornwall, was sentenced on Friday at Blackfriars Crown Court for two counts of buggery, two counts of indecency with a child and eight counts of indecent assault on a male between 1971 and 1984.
Robert Thompson, 63, of Clive Court, Maida Vale, was sentenced to five years’ imprisonment at the same court on Thursday for two counts of sexual assault on a male.
Between 1971 and 1973, Hussyin worked as an under-16s football coach on Turnpike Lane in Haringey, where he met two boys who he abused at his home in Hornsey, the court heard.
He then moved to another address in Highbury, with his lodger Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
In 1977 he became a youth worker before training to be a social worker, giving him access to a third victim aged eight.
The young boy stayed the night at the house as his parents trusted Hussyin, who sexually assaulted him.
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 7 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 8 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 9 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 10 Redeveloping pubs and shops steals value from surrounding homes
In 1981, Hussyin and Thompson moved address again to Muswell Hill, where Thompson became involved in abusing the boy.
The youngest victim came forward to police in May 2016 and an investigation was launched. Another victim came forward in December 1016 and the third in 2017.
Hussyin was jailed for 14 years on Friday.
Det Cone Dee Molloy said: “Hussyin abused his authority and access to children as a football coach and social worker to befriend young boys before sexually assaulting them, at times with his lodger Thompson.
“We would like to thank the victims for their courage in coming forward – their evidence has been crucial in securing these convictions.
“We believe there may well be further victims of Hussyin and Thompson out there, and would urge anyone with information to come forward and report it to police. You will be treated with the utmost respect and confidentiality.”