Paul McCartney cancelled massage at top salon after ‘sex assault’ on his employee
A masseur caught up in a sex abuse scandal was due to treat Sir Paul McCartney the day after molesting a member of the music legend’s staff, a court heard today (Monday, May 14).
Daniel Pytlarz, 34, allegedly molested 18 women at the upmarket Violet Clinic Body and Skincare Spa in St John’s Wood including one of Sir Paul’s employees who visited after a recommendation by one of the ex-Beatle’s daughters.
The salon owner was due to treat Sir Paul and his wife Nancy Shevell - who was his girlfriend at the time - at their St John’s Wood house the day after the alleged attack in December 2009.
But the couple cancelled after hearing of the incident, Southwark Crown Court heard.
The married masseur had offered Sir Paul’s employee a free full body massage after securing the booking with the Hey Jude singer, the court heard.
You may also want to watch:
The victim, who cannot be named, told the jury: “My boss was looking for a masseur or masseuse in London, as his regular one was not available, so he asked me to get a recommendation from his daughter.
“I texted her and she texted me back the details of this masseur. It was near [Sir Paul’s] home.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 6 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 7 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 10 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
“I then texted the masseur and asked whether he was available on a particular date and at a particular time for both my boss and his then girlfriend and he responded saying yes he was available.”
The victim told the court she was at the salon in Abbey Gardens when Pytlarz started to move his hand up her thigh and touch her inappropriately.
“I was crying, but with my face down,” she said. “He could not see but I believe I made it perfectly clear that I was uncomfortable and in distress.
“I was frightened that if I said something as far as I knew I was alone in this place and he could have locked the door or I had no idea what could happen.”
The treatment finished soon after and she left the salon “in shock” before calling the police later that night, she said.
Sir Paul cancelled his appointment, which was scheduled for the following day, after hearing of the alleged assault.
The salon, which charges in excess of �200 for top-of-the-range treatments, was opened by Pytlarz and his wife three years ago.
At the opening of the trial last week, the jury heard that Pytlarz’s descriptions of “full body massage, tantric massage and deep relaxing massage” were just “euphemisms” to cover his behaviour.
He is alleged to have committed a series of assaults between March 2009 and September 2011 including one on a 17-year-old girl who had been given a spa day as a birthday present from her parents.
The masseur, who lives in Abercorn Place, St John’s Wood, denies 14 counts of sexual assault and seven counts of assault by penetration.
The trial continues.