Paddington fast-food murder trial delayed
The trial of three men accused of murdering an electrician as he returned to his car from a fast food shop has been delayed.
Daniel Smith, 22, from Queen’s Park, was shot dead as he left the KFC on Harrow Road and returned to his car in Paddington in the early hours of May 22, 2010.
The single bullet passed through both of his lungs before striking his heart.
Kervin Kavuala, 26, of Kilburn, Shane Lewis, 32, of Harlesden, and Zeleke Forde, 30, of Watford, were due to stand trial for murder at the Old Bailey yesterday (Monday May 29). The three men deny the charges.
A fourth defendant, Jonathan Yeboah, 25, of no fixed address, denies a separate charge of obtaining a gun and assisting murder.
You may also want to watch:
The trial has been put back until June 6 after a case which the judge is presiding beforehand, began to overrun.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 5 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 8 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52