Paddington fast-food murder trial delayed
The trial of three men accused of murdering an electrician as he returned to his car from a fast food shop has been delayed.
Daniel Smith, 22, from Queen’s Park, was shot dead as he left the KFC on Harrow Road and returned to his car in Paddington in the early hours of May 22, 2010.
The single bullet passed through both of his lungs before striking his heart.
Kervin Kavuala, 26, of Kilburn, Shane Lewis, 32, of Harlesden, and Zeleke Forde, 30, of Watford, were due to stand trial for murder at the Old Bailey yesterday (Monday May 29). The three men deny the charges.
A fourth defendant, Jonathan Yeboah, 25, of no fixed address, denies a separate charge of obtaining a gun and assisting murder.
You may also want to watch:
The trial has been put back until June 6 after a case which the judge is presiding beforehand, began to overrun.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines