Paddington fast-food murder trial delayed
The trial of three men accused of murdering an electrician as he returned to his car from a fast food shop has been delayed.
Daniel Smith, 22, from Queen’s Park, was shot dead as he left the KFC on Harrow Road and returned to his car in Paddington in the early hours of May 22, 2010.
The single bullet passed through both of his lungs before striking his heart.
Kervin Kavuala, 26, of Kilburn, Shane Lewis, 32, of Harlesden, and Zeleke Forde, 30, of Watford, were due to stand trial for murder at the Old Bailey yesterday (Monday May 29). The three men deny the charges.
A fourth defendant, Jonathan Yeboah, 25, of no fixed address, denies a separate charge of obtaining a gun and assisting murder.
You may also want to watch:
The trial has been put back until June 6 after a case which the judge is presiding beforehand, began to overrun.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 5 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged