Paddington fast-food murder trial delayed
The trial of three men accused of murdering an electrician as he returned to his car from a fast food shop has been delayed.
Daniel Smith, 22, from Queen’s Park, was shot dead as he left the KFC on Harrow Road and returned to his car in Paddington in the early hours of May 22, 2010.
The single bullet passed through both of his lungs before striking his heart.
Kervin Kavuala, 26, of Kilburn, Shane Lewis, 32, of Harlesden, and Zeleke Forde, 30, of Watford, were due to stand trial for murder at the Old Bailey yesterday (Monday May 29). The three men deny the charges.
A fourth defendant, Jonathan Yeboah, 25, of no fixed address, denies a separate charge of obtaining a gun and assisting murder.
You may also want to watch:
The trial has been put back until June 6 after a case which the judge is presiding beforehand, began to overrun.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds