Officers called to deal with swan on the loose in Camden Town
Officers were called into action this morning (Friday) after reports of a swan on the loose in Camden Town.
The bird had strayed into busy St Pancras Way at around 9.13am and passers-by alerted police.
Officers from the British Transport Police (BTP) attended the scene and stayed with the lost swan while they called the RSPCA for help.
After a brief stand-off police eventually ushered the swan back into the nearby canal where it had come from. The bird was unharmed.
A spokeswoman for the BTP said: “BTP officers were called to St Pancras Way, Camden, at 9.13am after a report of a swan in the road.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers alerted the RSPCA and stayed with the bird, which was walking around Camden, before guiding it back into the canal, unharmed.”
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill