Notorious armed robber held up Swiss Cottage bank while on day release from jail
- Credit: central news
One of Britain’s most notorious armed robbers is back behind bars after carrying out a series of raids on day release from a life sentence.
Sean Bradish, 46, hit the same Swiss Cottage bank four times during his latest crime spree.
Bradish, of Shoot Up Hill, Kilburn, had been jailed for life in 2002 after he carried out at least 100 bank and building society jobs. He led the feared “Bradish Boys” gang with his brother Vincent, now 50. But he was allowed out on day release and raided Lloyds Bank in Finchley Road, Swiss Cottage, three times in 2012.
He was released on licence at the start of 2013, and robbed the branch for a fourth time in February. He carried out another robbery and an attempted robbery before he was caught last March.
During the course of this latest spree he brandished an imitation gun at staff and made off with more than £40,000, the Old Bailey heard on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Bradish pleaded guilty to six robberies, one attempted robbery, and seven counts of possession of an imitation firearm with intent.
Judge Nicholas Cooke QC adjourned sentencing until today (Thursday), but warned Bradish: “It’s an automatic life sentence.”
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill