New coroner at St Pancras Coroner’s Court is announced
- Credit: Archant
The new coroner for St Pancras Coroner’s Court has been named as Mary Hassell.
Mary Hassell is currently coroner at Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan and she will take up her position at St Pancras Coroner’s Court in Kings Cross in the summer.
In February 2012 Dr Andrew Reid was suspended from his position as coroner for hiring his unqualified wife to preside over cases.
He was under investigation by the Ministry of Justice and in December 2012 he resigned from his position.
Since February of last years, Dr Shirley Radcliffe has been acting as interim coroner.
You may also want to watch:
Today, Mary Hassell was named the new coroner for the inner North London district, meaning she will cover cases from Camden, Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets at St Pancras Coroners Court.
Councillor Abdul Hai, Camden’s Cabinet Member for Community Safety, said: “The Justice Secretary has confirmed the appointment of Ms Mary Hassell.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 3 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 6 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 7 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park
“The Coroner provides a vital service to the four boroughs and we look forward to working with Mary.
“I would also like to thank Shirley Radcliffe for her services as interim coroner.”