New coroner at St Pancras Coroner’s Court is announced
- Credit: Archant
The new coroner for St Pancras Coroner’s Court has been named as Mary Hassell.
Mary Hassell is currently coroner at Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan and she will take up her position at St Pancras Coroner’s Court in Kings Cross in the summer.
In February 2012 Dr Andrew Reid was suspended from his position as coroner for hiring his unqualified wife to preside over cases.
He was under investigation by the Ministry of Justice and in December 2012 he resigned from his position.
Since February of last years, Dr Shirley Radcliffe has been acting as interim coroner.
You may also want to watch:
Today, Mary Hassell was named the new coroner for the inner North London district, meaning she will cover cases from Camden, Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets at St Pancras Coroners Court.
Councillor Abdul Hai, Camden’s Cabinet Member for Community Safety, said: “The Justice Secretary has confirmed the appointment of Ms Mary Hassell.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
“The Coroner provides a vital service to the four boroughs and we look forward to working with Mary.
“I would also like to thank Shirley Radcliffe for her services as interim coroner.”