Muswell Hill stabbing: Man fighting for his life after high street knife attack
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in Muswell Hill in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called to Fortis Green Road at 1.40am where they found the victim - who was rushed to hospital. He was in a "life-threatening and life-changing condition", but is now stable, according to the Met.
Scotland Yard have arrested one man, 22 on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH) and he is currently in police custody.
It is believed that both men were in a nearby home before the stabbing took place.
Det Insp Paul Ridley is leading the investigation, and appealed for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "This young victim remains in hospital in a critical condition fighting for his life. It is absolutely vital that any witnesses that saw the altercation come forward to my investigation team as a priority.
"There are a number of flats which overlook the location of the stabbing and I am convinced that people will be aware as to what has occurred. Additionally if you are in possession of any CCTV or dashcam footage I also need this presented to me."
- 1 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 2 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 3 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 4 Covid-19: Area around Royal Free one of few in UK to avoid deaths
- 5 Free Nazanin: Pressure on government rises as end of sentence approaches
- 6 Arteta concerned about Arsenal striker Nketiah
- 7 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 8 'Paul the Paper' shuts up shop in Crouch End for the final time
- 9 Highgate's Victorian 'pineapple' railings repaired and restored.
- 10 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect
Enquiries continue and a police cordon remains in place. Muswell Hill Road and Fortis Green are both partially closed at this point.
St James Church is open from 10 until 4 today for prayer, tea and coffee.
To contact the police with any information, contact the 101 phone line or to do so anonymously, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Did you see what happened, or do you know the victim? Contact the Sam on the newsdesk using Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk or 02074330120