Muswell Hill robber attacked pensioner
Jason James dragged and punched the 75-year-old
A MUSWELL Hill man who violently assaulted and robbed a 75-year-old man has been jailed for five years.
Jason James, 30 of Muswell Hill Road, attacked the man on July 4 just after 10am, as he walked long Fore Street in Enfield.
He approached him from behind before the pensioner was dragged 10 yards by James before being punched and forced to hand over his wallet, leaving the man with a swollen jaw.
James was already known to police was identified by officers using CCTV stills later that month and he was jailed after pleading guilty to robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating Officer Detective Annemarie Andrews, of Enfield’s Robbery and Burglary Unit said: “The victim was subjected to a horrific ordeal. He was punched, kicked and dragged by this man but luckily did not sustain any life threatening injuries.
“Enfield borough and the wider community will be a much safer place now James is behind bars.”
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 6 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 7 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham