Muswell Hill robber attacked pensioner
Jason James dragged and punched the 75-year-old
A MUSWELL Hill man who violently assaulted and robbed a 75-year-old man has been jailed for five years.
Jason James, 30 of Muswell Hill Road, attacked the man on July 4 just after 10am, as he walked long Fore Street in Enfield.
He approached him from behind before the pensioner was dragged 10 yards by James before being punched and forced to hand over his wallet, leaving the man with a swollen jaw.
James was already known to police was identified by officers using CCTV stills later that month and he was jailed after pleading guilty to robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating Officer Detective Annemarie Andrews, of Enfield’s Robbery and Burglary Unit said: “The victim was subjected to a horrific ordeal. He was punched, kicked and dragged by this man but luckily did not sustain any life threatening injuries.
“Enfield borough and the wider community will be a much safer place now James is behind bars.”
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 4 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 10 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco