Muswell Hill robber attacked pensioner
Jason James dragged and punched the 75-year-old
A MUSWELL Hill man who violently assaulted and robbed a 75-year-old man has been jailed for five years.
Jason James, 30 of Muswell Hill Road, attacked the man on July 4 just after 10am, as he walked long Fore Street in Enfield.
He approached him from behind before the pensioner was dragged 10 yards by James before being punched and forced to hand over his wallet, leaving the man with a swollen jaw.
James was already known to police was identified by officers using CCTV stills later that month and he was jailed after pleading guilty to robbery.
Investigating Officer Detective Annemarie Andrews, of Enfield’s Robbery and Burglary Unit said: “The victim was subjected to a horrific ordeal. He was punched, kicked and dragged by this man but luckily did not sustain any life threatening injuries.
“Enfield borough and the wider community will be a much safer place now James is behind bars.”
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 4 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 5 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 6 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 7 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 8 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 9 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet