Muswell Hill robber attacked pensioner
Jason James dragged and punched the 75-year-old
A MUSWELL Hill man who violently assaulted and robbed a 75-year-old man has been jailed for five years.
Jason James, 30 of Muswell Hill Road, attacked the man on July 4 just after 10am, as he walked long Fore Street in Enfield.
He approached him from behind before the pensioner was dragged 10 yards by James before being punched and forced to hand over his wallet, leaving the man with a swollen jaw.
James was already known to police was identified by officers using CCTV stills later that month and he was jailed after pleading guilty to robbery.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating Officer Detective Annemarie Andrews, of Enfield’s Robbery and Burglary Unit said: “The victim was subjected to a horrific ordeal. He was punched, kicked and dragged by this man but luckily did not sustain any life threatening injuries.
“Enfield borough and the wider community will be a much safer place now James is behind bars.”
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases