Muswell Hill murder victim confirmed as Catherine Burke
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A woman murdered in Muswell Hill last week has been named, as the police are urging anybody who saw her on Wednesday 15 or Thursday 16 November to get in touch.
Catherine Burke, 55 has been named as the victim who was stabbed to death inside her home last week.
On Thursday November 16, police were called to her address in Hill Road, where they found her body.
A post-mortem on Saturday November 18 gave the provisional cause of death as stab injuries.
People were continuing to lay flowers outside her house this morning.
Police are now calling for anybody who saw her on Wednesday November 15 or Thursday November 16 to come forward.
Acting Detective Chief Inspector Dave Bolton is leading on the investigation. He said: “At this stage we are keeping an open mind as to any motive and whether Catherine knew her attacker or attackers.
“We are aware that her daily routine included walking her dog locally and would be interested in speaking with anyone that knew her.”
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 3 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 4 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 5 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 6 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 7 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 8 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 9 Go fish: Anglers complain of limited access to Heath ponds
- 10 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
A family spokesperson said: “Catherine will be deeply missed by family and close friends. We urge anyone with any information to come forward to police. As a family we ask for privacy at this difficult time.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8785 8244, or contact the Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.