Muswell Hill marks 25th anniversary of PC’s murder
Memorial ceremony open to the public
A MEMORIAL ceremony to mark 25 years since the death of Muswell Hill beat officer PC Blakelock will take place tomorrow.
The ceremony, which is open to members of the public, will take place from 12.30pm tomorrow on the Broadway near the bus terminal, where a memorial to PC Blakelock stands.
Local officers will lat a reef at the memorial as they have done every year since his death on October 6, 1985.
PC Blakelock was murdered as he attended the Broadwater Farm riots and his unit were mobbed by a machete-wielding gang.
You may also want to watch:
Three men are currently on bail as part of a renewed investigation into his death, after being arrested in February and June this year.
For tributes to PC Blakelock see the Broadway on Thursday and www.hamhigh.co.uk for images of the ceremony.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 9 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'