Muswell Hill marks 25th anniversary of PC’s murder
Memorial ceremony open to the public
A MEMORIAL ceremony to mark 25 years since the death of Muswell Hill beat officer PC Blakelock will take place tomorrow.
The ceremony, which is open to members of the public, will take place from 12.30pm tomorrow on the Broadway near the bus terminal, where a memorial to PC Blakelock stands.
Local officers will lat a reef at the memorial as they have done every year since his death on October 6, 1985.
PC Blakelock was murdered as he attended the Broadwater Farm riots and his unit were mobbed by a machete-wielding gang.
You may also want to watch:
Three men are currently on bail as part of a renewed investigation into his death, after being arrested in February and June this year.
For tributes to PC Blakelock see the Broadway on Thursday and www.hamhigh.co.uk for images of the ceremony.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 10 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea