Muswell Hill marks 25th anniversary of PC’s murder
Memorial ceremony open to the public
A MEMORIAL ceremony to mark 25 years since the death of Muswell Hill beat officer PC Blakelock will take place tomorrow.
The ceremony, which is open to members of the public, will take place from 12.30pm tomorrow on the Broadway near the bus terminal, where a memorial to PC Blakelock stands.
Local officers will lat a reef at the memorial as they have done every year since his death on October 6, 1985.
PC Blakelock was murdered as he attended the Broadwater Farm riots and his unit were mobbed by a machete-wielding gang.
You may also want to watch:
Three men are currently on bail as part of a renewed investigation into his death, after being arrested in February and June this year.
For tributes to PC Blakelock see the Broadway on Thursday and www.hamhigh.co.uk for images of the ceremony.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 5 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Injury concerns spoil Arsenal's win over Sheffield United