Muswell Hill stabbing: Teen charged with attempted murder over 134 bus knife attack
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy has been charged with attempted murder after a man was stabbed in the chest on the 134 bus in Muswell Hill.
The victim, 19, remains in a critical condition in hospital, the police said.
The assailant, a 17 year old, was set to appear at Willesden Magistrates’ Court this morning.
The incident took place at around 4.40 on Saturday afternoon. The bus had just crossed the North Circular Road heading towards Muswell Hill from Barnet.
Other passengers were evacuated and the road closed at the Cromwell Road stop on the route.
You may also want to watch:
The alleged attacker has also been charged with threatening someone with a pointed or bladed article.
Police have appealed for any witnesses to contact detectives at the North West Command Unit by phoning 101 and quoting reference 5259/9MAR, Alternatively tweet @MetCC, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
Were you on the 134 bus on Saturday afternoon? Contact Sam at the Ham&High on 02074330120 or Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk.