Muswell Hill stabbing: Teen charged with attempted murder over 134 bus knife attack
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy has been charged with attempted murder after a man was stabbed in the chest on the 134 bus in Muswell Hill.
The victim, 19, remains in a critical condition in hospital, the police said.
The assailant, a 17 year old, was set to appear at Willesden Magistrates’ Court this morning.
The incident took place at around 4.40 on Saturday afternoon. The bus had just crossed the North Circular Road heading towards Muswell Hill from Barnet.
Other passengers were evacuated and the road closed at the Cromwell Road stop on the route.
You may also want to watch:
The alleged attacker has also been charged with threatening someone with a pointed or bladed article.
Police have appealed for any witnesses to contact detectives at the North West Command Unit by phoning 101 and quoting reference 5259/9MAR, Alternatively tweet @MetCC, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
Were you on the 134 bus on Saturday afternoon? Contact Sam at the Ham&High on 02074330120 or Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk.