Muswell Hill stabbing: Teen charged with attempted murder over 134 bus knife attack
- Credit: Archant
A teenage boy has been charged with attempted murder after a man was stabbed in the chest on the 134 bus in Muswell Hill.
The victim, 19, remains in a critical condition in hospital, the police said.
The assailant, a 17 year old, was set to appear at Willesden Magistrates’ Court this morning.
The incident took place at around 4.40 on Saturday afternoon. The bus had just crossed the North Circular Road heading towards Muswell Hill from Barnet.
Other passengers were evacuated and the road closed at the Cromwell Road stop on the route.
You may also want to watch:
The alleged attacker has also been charged with threatening someone with a pointed or bladed article.
Police have appealed for any witnesses to contact detectives at the North West Command Unit by phoning 101 and quoting reference 5259/9MAR, Alternatively tweet @MetCC, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
Were you on the 134 bus on Saturday afternoon? Contact Sam at the Ham&High on 02074330120 or Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk.