Murder investigation launched after woman found dead in Belsize Park
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was stabbed to death in Belsize Park this morning.
Police were called to reports of an injured woman in Maitland Park Villas in the early hours of this morning.
The woman, aged 46, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 56-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder. He has been taken to a London hospital and is reportedly in a stable condition.
He is thought to have had a knife injury.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is due to take place at St Pancras Mortuary tomorrow.
Police said the man and woman knew each other and lived at the same address.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 4 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 5 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 6 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 7 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
Det Chief Insp Noel McHugh said: “While we are not seeking anyone else in connection with this murder I would ask anyone who has information that could assist this investigation to contact the incident room.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.