Murder investigation launched after mum-of-nine and nephew killed following East Finchley shooting
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched an investigation into the murder of a mum-of-nine and her nephew following a shooting in East Finchley.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service at approximately 06:25am this morning to reports of two people with gunshot injuries at an address in Elmshurst Crescent, N2.
A police spokesman said: “Officers attended and found two people, a man and a woman suffering gunshot injuries. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.
“There are no reports of any other injuries.”
The two were named by relatives as Anny Efoko, 52, and her nephew Bervil, 21.
The Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
There have been no arrests.
- 1 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 2 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 3 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 4 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 5 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 6 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 7 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 8 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 9 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 10 Hampstead to welcome boho women's lifestyle brand Free People
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8358 0300, or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.