Murder investigation launched after death of 10-month-old baby
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a baby admitted to a Barnet hospital.
Police were called by medical staff at the hospital on August 29 after an unresponsive 10-month-old boy was admitted.
The boy was transferred to a central London hospital later that day but died last Monday, September 1.
Officers know the identity of the deceased and next of kin have been informed.
On Friday, a 31-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of murder. She has since been bailed pending further enquires to a date in October.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination of the boy was held on Thursday at Great Ormond Street Hospital but did not give a formal cause of death so further tests are required.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating and enquires continue.
- 1 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 3 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 4 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 5 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 6 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 7 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 8 Hampstead Heath memorial to the band of brothers who fought fascism
- 9 Parliament Hill Lido Café on 'heartwarming' business life in Hampstead Heath
- 10 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside Hornsey block