Murder investigation launched after death of 10-month-old baby
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a baby admitted to a Barnet hospital.
Police were called by medical staff at the hospital on August 29 after an unresponsive 10-month-old boy was admitted.
The boy was transferred to a central London hospital later that day but died last Monday, September 1.
Officers know the identity of the deceased and next of kin have been informed.
On Friday, a 31-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of murder. She has since been bailed pending further enquires to a date in October.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination of the boy was held on Thursday at Great Ormond Street Hospital but did not give a formal cause of death so further tests are required.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating and enquires continue.
- 1 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 2 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 3 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 4 Covid-19: Area around Royal Free one of few in UK to avoid deaths
- 5 'Paul the Paper' shuts up shop in Crouch End for the final time
- 6 Free Nazanin: Pressure on government rises as end of sentence approaches
- 7 Arteta concerned about Arsenal striker Nketiah
- 8 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 9 Highgate's Victorian 'pineapple' railings repaired and restored.
- 10 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect