Murder investigation launched after death of 10-month-old baby
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a baby admitted to a Barnet hospital.
Police were called by medical staff at the hospital on August 29 after an unresponsive 10-month-old boy was admitted.
The boy was transferred to a central London hospital later that day but died last Monday, September 1.
Officers know the identity of the deceased and next of kin have been informed.
On Friday, a 31-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of murder. She has since been bailed pending further enquires to a date in October.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination of the boy was held on Thursday at Great Ormond Street Hospital but did not give a formal cause of death so further tests are required.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating and enquires continue.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms
- 9 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre