Murder investigation launched after death of 10-month-old baby
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a baby admitted to a Barnet hospital.
Police were called by medical staff at the hospital on August 29 after an unresponsive 10-month-old boy was admitted.
The boy was transferred to a central London hospital later that day but died last Monday, September 1.
Officers know the identity of the deceased and next of kin have been informed.
On Friday, a 31-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of murder. She has since been bailed pending further enquires to a date in October.
A post-mortem examination of the boy was held on Thursday at Great Ormond Street Hospital but did not give a formal cause of death so further tests are required.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating and enquires continue.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Motorists handed fines for visiting Covid-19 car park test centre
- 6 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Autistic TV presenter joins Hampstead pupils for 'most wonderful day'
- 9 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 10 Stolen car crashes in Kentish Town leaving woman hospitalised