Murder investigation launched after death of 10-month-old baby
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a baby admitted to a Barnet hospital.
Police were called by medical staff at the hospital on August 29 after an unresponsive 10-month-old boy was admitted.
The boy was transferred to a central London hospital later that day but died last Monday, September 1.
Officers know the identity of the deceased and next of kin have been informed.
On Friday, a 31-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of murder. She has since been bailed pending further enquires to a date in October.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination of the boy was held on Thursday at Great Ormond Street Hospital but did not give a formal cause of death so further tests are required.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating and enquires continue.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 3 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage