Murder hunt after man stabbed to death in Camden High Street
- Credit: PA
A murder investigation has been launched after a man in his 30s died after being stabbed on Camden High Street in the early hours this morning.
Police and ambulances were called at around 3.45am this morning to a man suffering a stab wound at the junction with Greenland Road.
A Met spokesman said: “The man, believed to be aged in his late 30s, was taken to a central London hospital where he died.”
“Next of kin are yet to be informed and formal identification has not taken place.”
Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh, said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area of Camden Town Underground Station or the high street at the time of the stabbing to contact police. It is possible that you may have information that will help us establish what led to the murder.
“The area has a busy nightlife and I am certain that there are people who are yet to speak with officers and I would urge them to come forward. I would also like to hear from any bus drivers or taxi drivers who may have witnessed the stabbing or the minutes leading up to it.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or via 101. Alternatively, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Olivia Newton-John: From West Hampstead to worldwide fame
- 2 Polio virus detected in sewage in Camden, Barnet, Haringey and Islington
- 3 Camden's first 'parklet' installed in Belsize Park
- 4 Under-fire King William IV supporters rally behind pub with petition
- 5 Last unit in Belsize Villagee snapped up by wine outlet
- 6 Warning to ensure escape route from basement flats in case of flooding
- 7 'Will MP get the LGBT+-friendly government he wants?'
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 War veteran tackled suspected thief in Hampstead – and then 'got the sack'
- 10 Hospital trusts increasingly reliant on international medical staff
Enquiries continue. There have been no arrests.