Murder hunt after man stabbed to death in Camden High Street
- Credit: PA
A murder investigation has been launched after a man in his 30s died after being stabbed on Camden High Street in the early hours this morning.
Police and ambulances were called at around 3.45am this morning to a man suffering a stab wound at the junction with Greenland Road.
A Met spokesman said: “The man, believed to be aged in his late 30s, was taken to a central London hospital where he died.”
“Next of kin are yet to be informed and formal identification has not taken place.”
Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh, said: “I would appeal to anyone who was in the area of Camden Town Underground Station or the high street at the time of the stabbing to contact police. It is possible that you may have information that will help us establish what led to the murder.
You may also want to watch:
“The area has a busy nightlife and I am certain that there are people who are yet to speak with officers and I would urge them to come forward. I would also like to hear from any bus drivers or taxi drivers who may have witnessed the stabbing or the minutes leading up to it.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or via 101. Alternatively, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 7 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 8 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 9 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 10 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
Enquiries continue. There have been no arrests.