Mother stabbed in daylight robbery as she tried to protect her baby
A mother was knifed as she tried to shield her baby in a daylight robbery in West Hampstead yesterday (Thursday).
The suspect, wielding a knife, had approached the 36-year-old woman as she fumbled for her keys on her doorstep off Finchley Road at around 1.30pm on Thursday (October 19)
The black man, aged between 18 and 25, demanded she hand over her watch and became agitated, waving the weapon to try and speed things along. The victim put out her hand to protect the baby and she suffered a minor wound to her finger.
She handed over the watch and he rummaged through her bag, taking various other items.
He then fled towards Finchley Road.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as wearing a grey or blue hoody with jeans.
Anyone with information, is asked to call Camden Police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 Affordable housing changes for 100 Avenue Road will test Camden's resolve