Mother stabbed in daylight robbery as she tried to protect her baby
A mother was knifed as she tried to shield her baby in a daylight robbery in West Hampstead yesterday (Thursday).
The suspect, wielding a knife, had approached the 36-year-old woman as she fumbled for her keys on her doorstep off Finchley Road at around 1.30pm on Thursday (October 19)
The black man, aged between 18 and 25, demanded she hand over her watch and became agitated, waving the weapon to try and speed things along. The victim put out her hand to protect the baby and she suffered a minor wound to her finger.
She handed over the watch and he rummaged through her bag, taking various other items.
He then fled towards Finchley Road.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as wearing a grey or blue hoody with jeans.
Anyone with information, is asked to call Camden Police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points