Mother stabbed in daylight robbery as she tried to protect her baby
A mother was knifed as she tried to shield her baby in a daylight robbery in West Hampstead yesterday (Thursday).
The suspect, wielding a knife, had approached the 36-year-old woman as she fumbled for her keys on her doorstep off Finchley Road at around 1.30pm on Thursday (October 19)
The black man, aged between 18 and 25, demanded she hand over her watch and became agitated, waving the weapon to try and speed things along. The victim put out her hand to protect the baby and she suffered a minor wound to her finger.
She handed over the watch and he rummaged through her bag, taking various other items.
He then fled towards Finchley Road.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as wearing a grey or blue hoody with jeans.
Anyone with information, is asked to call Camden Police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 10 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill