Moped robbers strike again in botched ram-raid on Hampstead home
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A moped rider attempted to smash his way into a Hampstead house by ramming the front door in broad daylight, in the latest scooter-enabled crime to hit the area.
The man was seen driving his bike into the house in Rudall Crescent at about 11am on Monday, September 22, while another man acted as lookout.
The pair drove off after failing to get into the house.
Officers are investigating and no arrests have been made.
In May last year, footballer Alexander Merkel, who plays for Italian club Udinese but was on loan to Championship side Watford at the time, was robbed by four men who ram-raided his front door in The Mount, Hampstead.
Hampstead, the Suburb and surrounding areas have witnessed a spate of moped robberies over the past year, although there have been significantly fewer reports in recent months.
- 1 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
- 2 Covid-19: How Hampstead and Highgate's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 3 Murder thriller shot in West Hampstead gets its premiere 10 years late
- 4 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Highgate housing plans delayed after London Fire Brigade fears
- 7 Hampstead rabbi pays tribute to nephew, victim of Jerusalem terror attack
- 8 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 9 Haringey Council accidentally leaks £54m office expansion scheme
- 10 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'