Moped robbers strike again in botched ram-raid on Hampstead home
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A moped rider attempted to smash his way into a Hampstead house by ramming the front door in broad daylight, in the latest scooter-enabled crime to hit the area.
The man was seen driving his bike into the house in Rudall Crescent at about 11am on Monday, September 22, while another man acted as lookout.
The pair drove off after failing to get into the house.
Officers are investigating and no arrests have been made.
In May last year, footballer Alexander Merkel, who plays for Italian club Udinese but was on loan to Championship side Watford at the time, was robbed by four men who ram-raided his front door in The Mount, Hampstead.
You may also want to watch:
Hampstead, the Suburb and surrounding areas have witnessed a spate of moped robberies over the past year, although there have been significantly fewer reports in recent months.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres