Moped robbers strike again in botched ram-raid on Hampstead home
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A moped rider attempted to smash his way into a Hampstead house by ramming the front door in broad daylight, in the latest scooter-enabled crime to hit the area.
The man was seen driving his bike into the house in Rudall Crescent at about 11am on Monday, September 22, while another man acted as lookout.
The pair drove off after failing to get into the house.
Officers are investigating and no arrests have been made.
In May last year, footballer Alexander Merkel, who plays for Italian club Udinese but was on loan to Championship side Watford at the time, was robbed by four men who ram-raided his front door in The Mount, Hampstead.
You may also want to watch:
Hampstead, the Suburb and surrounding areas have witnessed a spate of moped robberies over the past year, although there have been significantly fewer reports in recent months.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
- 10 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home