Moped robbers strike again in botched ram-raid on Hampstead home
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A moped rider attempted to smash his way into a Hampstead house by ramming the front door in broad daylight, in the latest scooter-enabled crime to hit the area.
The man was seen driving his bike into the house in Rudall Crescent at about 11am on Monday, September 22, while another man acted as lookout.
The pair drove off after failing to get into the house.
Officers are investigating and no arrests have been made.
In May last year, footballer Alexander Merkel, who plays for Italian club Udinese but was on loan to Championship side Watford at the time, was robbed by four men who ram-raided his front door in The Mount, Hampstead.
You may also want to watch:
Hampstead, the Suburb and surrounding areas have witnessed a spate of moped robberies over the past year, although there have been significantly fewer reports in recent months.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up