Moped crooks attack comedian Michael McIntyre in Golders Green
- Credit: PA
Comedian Michael McIntyre was robbed by a gang of hammer-wielding moped thieves while waiting to pick up his children from school in Golders Green yesterday afternoon.
The windows of the 42-year-old’s black Range Rover were smashed and he was reportedly forced to hand over a Rolex watch.
McIntyre had been waiting in his vehicle to collect his sons in North End Road when he was attacked by two males.
A woman, thought to be McIntyre’s wife, left their house for the school run this morning in a silver Range Rover.
Asked how the comic was, she replied: “Fine.”
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses reported that the comedian tried to comfort his shaken sons in the aftermath of the attack.
One onlooker told the Daily Mail: “The guy at the front of the moped started to hit the driver’s window about 10 to 15 times and it eventually just cracked.
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 5 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 6 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 7 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 8 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 9 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 10 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
“He opens the door and gets Michael McIntyre out of the car. Michael fell but he was still trying to put up a fight.
“I just remember one of the bikers trying to get something. I don’t know what the guy was trying to get - a watch, a wallet, maybe?”
The Met said they were called to North End Road just before 2pm on Monday.
The force said in a statement: “The victim was stationary in his car when two males on a moped smashed the car windows with a hammer before stealing property.
“No injuries were reported.”
McIntyre’s agent told the Sun: “Michael was involved in an incident involving armed robbers.
“He is absolutely fine and helping police with their inquiries.”
Investigators said no arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing. Witnesses are asked to contact police.
Reporting by Press Association