Moped crooks attack comedian Michael McIntyre in Golders Green
- Credit: PA
Comedian Michael McIntyre was robbed by a gang of hammer-wielding moped thieves while waiting to pick up his children from school in Golders Green yesterday afternoon.
The windows of the 42-year-old’s black Range Rover were smashed and he was reportedly forced to hand over a Rolex watch.
McIntyre had been waiting in his vehicle to collect his sons in North End Road when he was attacked by two males.
A woman, thought to be McIntyre’s wife, left their house for the school run this morning in a silver Range Rover.
Asked how the comic was, she replied: “Fine.”
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses reported that the comedian tried to comfort his shaken sons in the aftermath of the attack.
One onlooker told the Daily Mail: “The guy at the front of the moped started to hit the driver’s window about 10 to 15 times and it eventually just cracked.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
“He opens the door and gets Michael McIntyre out of the car. Michael fell but he was still trying to put up a fight.
“I just remember one of the bikers trying to get something. I don’t know what the guy was trying to get - a watch, a wallet, maybe?”
The Met said they were called to North End Road just before 2pm on Monday.
The force said in a statement: “The victim was stationary in his car when two males on a moped smashed the car windows with a hammer before stealing property.
“No injuries were reported.”
McIntyre’s agent told the Sun: “Michael was involved in an incident involving armed robbers.
“He is absolutely fine and helping police with their inquiries.”
Investigators said no arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing. Witnesses are asked to contact police.
Reporting by Press Association