Men released after Muswell Hill gun incident
No guns found after police conduct “extensive search”
FOUR men have been released without charge following a suspected gun incident in Muswell Hill.
More than 20 armed officers hit Beatock Rise at 4.20pm on Wednesday after reports of a man seen with what appeared to be a handgun in the Muswell Hill area.
Police detained the four men and arrested them, before extensively searching the property. However, no firearm was found during the search by specialist officers.
Following an investigation by detectives from Haringey CID, the four men have now been released without charge.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman added: “Work to tackle gun crime is ongoing, we take all allegations extremely seriously and will investigate any information received.”
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 7 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 10 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets