Men released after Muswell Hill gun incident
No guns found after police conduct “extensive search”
FOUR men have been released without charge following a suspected gun incident in Muswell Hill.
More than 20 armed officers hit Beatock Rise at 4.20pm on Wednesday after reports of a man seen with what appeared to be a handgun in the Muswell Hill area.
Police detained the four men and arrested them, before extensively searching the property. However, no firearm was found during the search by specialist officers.
Following an investigation by detectives from Haringey CID, the four men have now been released without charge.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman added: “Work to tackle gun crime is ongoing, we take all allegations extremely seriously and will investigate any information received.”
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site