Men released after Muswell Hill gun incident
No guns found after police conduct “extensive search”
FOUR men have been released without charge following a suspected gun incident in Muswell Hill.
More than 20 armed officers hit Beatock Rise at 4.20pm on Wednesday after reports of a man seen with what appeared to be a handgun in the Muswell Hill area.
Police detained the four men and arrested them, before extensively searching the property. However, no firearm was found during the search by specialist officers.
Following an investigation by detectives from Haringey CID, the four men have now been released without charge.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman added: “Work to tackle gun crime is ongoing, we take all allegations extremely seriously and will investigate any information received.”
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 3 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 4 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 5 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 8 New Indian restaurant Ritu to replace Yasmeen Kitchen in St John's Wood
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Camden shouldn't ignore residents, but we need low-traffic neighbourhoods