Manhunt underway after gun incident in Hampstead
Armed police officers were patrolling the streets of Hampstead today after what was described as a ‘firearms incident’.
At around midday in Heath Hurst Road an officer spotted four people acting suspiciously and a gun was seen, the Ham&High understands. Three were arrested but one suspect escaped and is currently still at large.
As a police helicopter hovered over South End Green officers cordoned off both ends of the street while dog units searched nearby properties in the hunt for the escaped person.
A police spokeswoman said: “We are trying to trace a suspect described as about 16 years of age and wearing casual clothing. There is nothing to suggest this suspect is armed.”
The three people who have been arrested are currently being held in north London police stations.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 0300-123 1212.
Updates to follow.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 6 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 7 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed