Man who took boy, 2, into McDonalds toilet jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed after he abducted a two-year-old child in a McDonalds in Camden.
lulian-Alexandru Badaric, 36, took the boy to a toilet cubicle in the fast food restaurant on May 10 this year.
Mr Badaric, a Romanian national and of no fixed address, was found guilty at Blackfriars Crown Court of child abduction yesterday (Tuesday) and will serve three years in prison.
The court heard how on May 10 the boy had been in a McDonalds in Camden High Street with his mother.
He was playing on the staircase in the restaurant with his mother a short distance away when she noticed her son had disappeared.
You may also want to watch:
The mother began to search for him, together with a female member of staff. The McDonalds employee checked the mens’ toilets and saw that a door to a cubicle was closed but not locked.
She saw the child and when she pushed the door open, he was with a man. The alarm was immediately raised and police were called.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 7 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 8 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
Officers attended and Badaric was arrested on suspicion of child abduction and sexual assault on a child.
CCTV footage from inside the restaurant shows Badaric approach the two year old boy on the staircase and head to a corridor which led to the toilets.
Badaric was found not guilty of sexual assault on the boy.