Man who took boy, 2, into McDonalds toilet jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed after he abducted a two-year-old child in a McDonalds in Camden.
lulian-Alexandru Badaric, 36, took the boy to a toilet cubicle in the fast food restaurant on May 10 this year.
Mr Badaric, a Romanian national and of no fixed address, was found guilty at Blackfriars Crown Court of child abduction yesterday (Tuesday) and will serve three years in prison.
The court heard how on May 10 the boy had been in a McDonalds in Camden High Street with his mother.
He was playing on the staircase in the restaurant with his mother a short distance away when she noticed her son had disappeared.
You may also want to watch:
The mother began to search for him, together with a female member of staff. The McDonalds employee checked the mens’ toilets and saw that a door to a cubicle was closed but not locked.
She saw the child and when she pushed the door open, he was with a man. The alarm was immediately raised and police were called.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'
Officers attended and Badaric was arrested on suspicion of child abduction and sexual assault on a child.
CCTV footage from inside the restaurant shows Badaric approach the two year old boy on the staircase and head to a corridor which led to the toilets.
Badaric was found not guilty of sexual assault on the boy.