Man who took boy, 2, into McDonalds toilet jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed after he abducted a two-year-old child in a McDonalds in Camden.
lulian-Alexandru Badaric, 36, took the boy to a toilet cubicle in the fast food restaurant on May 10 this year.
Mr Badaric, a Romanian national and of no fixed address, was found guilty at Blackfriars Crown Court of child abduction yesterday (Tuesday) and will serve three years in prison.
The court heard how on May 10 the boy had been in a McDonalds in Camden High Street with his mother.
He was playing on the staircase in the restaurant with his mother a short distance away when she noticed her son had disappeared.
The mother began to search for him, together with a female member of staff. The McDonalds employee checked the mens’ toilets and saw that a door to a cubicle was closed but not locked.
She saw the child and when she pushed the door open, he was with a man. The alarm was immediately raised and police were called.
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 4 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 5 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 8 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 9 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 10 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
Officers attended and Badaric was arrested on suspicion of child abduction and sexual assault on a child.
CCTV footage from inside the restaurant shows Badaric approach the two year old boy on the staircase and head to a corridor which led to the toilets.
Badaric was found not guilty of sexual assault on the boy.