Man who took boy, 2, into McDonalds toilet jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed after he abducted a two-year-old child in a McDonalds in Camden.
lulian-Alexandru Badaric, 36, took the boy to a toilet cubicle in the fast food restaurant on May 10 this year.
Mr Badaric, a Romanian national and of no fixed address, was found guilty at Blackfriars Crown Court of child abduction yesterday (Tuesday) and will serve three years in prison.
The court heard how on May 10 the boy had been in a McDonalds in Camden High Street with his mother.
He was playing on the staircase in the restaurant with his mother a short distance away when she noticed her son had disappeared.
The mother began to search for him, together with a female member of staff. The McDonalds employee checked the mens’ toilets and saw that a door to a cubicle was closed but not locked.
She saw the child and when she pushed the door open, he was with a man. The alarm was immediately raised and police were called.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 5 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 6 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 10 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
Officers attended and Badaric was arrested on suspicion of child abduction and sexual assault on a child.
CCTV footage from inside the restaurant shows Badaric approach the two year old boy on the staircase and head to a corridor which led to the toilets.
Badaric was found not guilty of sexual assault on the boy.