Man who beat up ex-girlfriend on Primrose Hill jailed for two years
- Credit: Archant
A jealous man who repeatedly kicked his ex-girlfriend in the head on Primrose Hill has been jailed for two years.
Xavier Prevatt, 25, lured Selina Bidace to the park under the pretence of apologising to her.
But when she arrived in the early hours of December 5 he demanded sex before racially abusing her and punching her to the floor in front of her young son.
Blackfriars Crown Court heard Prevatt then threatened to rape her as he kicked and stamped on her head.
His victim was left with bruises to her face and body and a fractured nose.
You may also want to watch:
Prevatt admitted racially aggravated assault and assault causing actual bodily harm.
Jailing him for two years, the judge, Mr Recorder Gibson Grenfell QC, said: “Any man who assaults their partner or ex-partner with violence commits a very serious offence.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
“This was a sustained assault. When she refused sex you punched her, she went to the ground and you repeatedly kicked her. You even continued to attack her when she called the police.”
The pair had met on Facebook but broke up after dating for just a couple of months.
Prosecutor Maureen Flaherty said the thug suspected Miss Bidace was cheating on him and lured her to the park in a fit of jealousy to confront her.
She said: “When she arrived he told her: ‘Scream all you like, no one will hear you.
I lured you here because you are stupid enough to fall for it.’”
Ms Flaherty said: “If there had not been intervention, we do not want to imagine what else could have taken place.”