Man who beat up ex-girlfriend on Primrose Hill jailed for two years
- Credit: Archant
A jealous man who repeatedly kicked his ex-girlfriend in the head on Primrose Hill has been jailed for two years.
Xavier Prevatt, 25, lured Selina Bidace to the park under the pretence of apologising to her.
But when she arrived in the early hours of December 5 he demanded sex before racially abusing her and punching her to the floor in front of her young son.
Blackfriars Crown Court heard Prevatt then threatened to rape her as he kicked and stamped on her head.
His victim was left with bruises to her face and body and a fractured nose.
You may also want to watch:
Prevatt admitted racially aggravated assault and assault causing actual bodily harm.
Jailing him for two years, the judge, Mr Recorder Gibson Grenfell QC, said: “Any man who assaults their partner or ex-partner with violence commits a very serious offence.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 8 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 9 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
“This was a sustained assault. When she refused sex you punched her, she went to the ground and you repeatedly kicked her. You even continued to attack her when she called the police.”
The pair had met on Facebook but broke up after dating for just a couple of months.
Prosecutor Maureen Flaherty said the thug suspected Miss Bidace was cheating on him and lured her to the park in a fit of jealousy to confront her.
She said: “When she arrived he told her: ‘Scream all you like, no one will hear you.
I lured you here because you are stupid enough to fall for it.’”
Ms Flaherty said: “If there had not been intervention, we do not want to imagine what else could have taken place.”