Man ‘armed with a knife’ arrested after ‘making threats to kill’ in Finchley Road
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A man “armed with a knife” has been arrested after “making threats to kill” in Finchley Road.
Emergency services responded to an incident at approximately 10.50am on Saturday (June 27) at a property in Finchley Road near the junction with Platts Lane.
A man in his 40s was arrested and taken into custody where he remains, Scotland Yard said.
A police spokesperson said there were “reports he was armed with a knife”.
“Officers attended and spoke with the man, aged in his 40s, who was inside his address,” they said.
You may also want to watch:
“He was subsequently arrested for making threats to kill and taken into custody at a north London police station where he remains.”
A source told the Ham & High: “At one stage as many as 12 to 15 officers were at the scene as well as at least one ambulance but there are no reports of injuries.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson for LAS said: “We were called to Finchley Road at that time but we didn’t treat anyone nor take anyone to hospital.
At 4pm on Saturday a police presence remained at the house.