Man ‘armed with a knife’ arrested after ‘making threats to kill’ in Finchley Road
- Credit: Metropolitan Police
A man “armed with a knife” has been arrested after “making threats to kill” in Finchley Road.
Emergency services responded to an incident at approximately 10.50am on Saturday (June 27) at a property in Finchley Road near the junction with Platts Lane.
A man in his 40s was arrested and taken into custody where he remains, Scotland Yard said.
A police spokesperson said there were “reports he was armed with a knife”.
“Officers attended and spoke with the man, aged in his 40s, who was inside his address,” they said.
You may also want to watch:
“He was subsequently arrested for making threats to kill and taken into custody at a north London police station where he remains.”
A source told the Ham & High: “At one stage as many as 12 to 15 officers were at the scene as well as at least one ambulance but there are no reports of injuries.”
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 5 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 6 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 9 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 10 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson for LAS said: “We were called to Finchley Road at that time but we didn’t treat anyone nor take anyone to hospital.
At 4pm on Saturday a police presence remained at the house.