Man stabbed in Crouch End in broad daylight
A man was stabbed in broad daylight yesterday afternoon, sparking an appeal by detectives for witnesses.
Two members of the public rushed to the aid of the 29-year-old after he was attacked in Elder Avenue, Crouch End, shortly before 1.30pm.
Ambulance crews treated the man, who was later taken to the Whittington Hospital with a stab wound to his leg.
The suspect is described as a man of Mediterranean appearance, wearing a red puffa type jacket and is believed to have made off down Middle Lane towards Priory Road.
Police understand that the suspect was seen loitering outside Banger Brothers at the junction of Tottenham Lane and Elder Avenue prior to the attack.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Caroline Buffard of Haringey CID on 020 8345 0712 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 6 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 London Marathon and charity event in aid of Diabetes UK
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath