Man stabbed in Crouch End in broad daylight
A man was stabbed in broad daylight yesterday afternoon, sparking an appeal by detectives for witnesses.
Two members of the public rushed to the aid of the 29-year-old after he was attacked in Elder Avenue, Crouch End, shortly before 1.30pm.
Ambulance crews treated the man, who was later taken to the Whittington Hospital with a stab wound to his leg.
The suspect is described as a man of Mediterranean appearance, wearing a red puffa type jacket and is believed to have made off down Middle Lane towards Priory Road.
Police understand that the suspect was seen loitering outside Banger Brothers at the junction of Tottenham Lane and Elder Avenue prior to the attack.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Caroline Buffard of Haringey CID on 020 8345 0712 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 2 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 3 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 4 What Paulo Fonseca means for Tottenham Hotspur?
- 5 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside of Hornsey block
- 6 New headteachers at Harris Academy St John's Wood and Camden School for Girls
- 7 Quality Indian take-away fresh from Crouch End's 'Bazaar'
- 8 Home of the Week: Four bedroom maisonette with period features for sale in Belsize Park
- 9 81-year-old paints her way to fourth book since lockdown
- 10 Former England star Nick Compton visits North London Cricket Club