Man stabbed in Crouch End in broad daylight
A man was stabbed in broad daylight yesterday afternoon, sparking an appeal by detectives for witnesses.
Two members of the public rushed to the aid of the 29-year-old after he was attacked in Elder Avenue, Crouch End, shortly before 1.30pm.
Ambulance crews treated the man, who was later taken to the Whittington Hospital with a stab wound to his leg.
The suspect is described as a man of Mediterranean appearance, wearing a red puffa type jacket and is believed to have made off down Middle Lane towards Priory Road.
Police understand that the suspect was seen loitering outside Banger Brothers at the junction of Tottenham Lane and Elder Avenue prior to the attack.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Caroline Buffard of Haringey CID on 020 8345 0712 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue