Man stabbed in Crouch End in broad daylight
A man was stabbed in broad daylight yesterday afternoon, sparking an appeal by detectives for witnesses.
Two members of the public rushed to the aid of the 29-year-old after he was attacked in Elder Avenue, Crouch End, shortly before 1.30pm.
Ambulance crews treated the man, who was later taken to the Whittington Hospital with a stab wound to his leg.
The suspect is described as a man of Mediterranean appearance, wearing a red puffa type jacket and is believed to have made off down Middle Lane towards Priory Road.
Police understand that the suspect was seen loitering outside Banger Brothers at the junction of Tottenham Lane and Elder Avenue prior to the attack.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Caroline Buffard of Haringey CID on 020 8345 0712 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 3 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's