Man stabbed in brawl outside Acland Burghley School
- Credit: Archant
A man has been stabbed in a mid-morning brawl outside a secondary school, while children studied metres away.
Teachers at Acland Burghley School in Tufnell Park kept all but the oldest pupils indoors over lunchtime after a group of men fought on the street outside their grounds at 11.20am on Friday, September 19.
A man believed to have been stabbed in the fight walked into Kentish Town Fire Station in Highgate Road with an abdominal wound 11 minutes later.
He was taken to a west London hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police are linking the incidents. but it is not thought anyone involved in the fight was a pupil.
Associate headteacher Anna Peduzzi wrote on the school’s website: “Following police advice, we kept Year 11 students in school at lunchtime on Friday, and directed Years 12 and 13 away from the crime scene to enable officers to conduct their investigation.
“Students were very co-operative and staff presence outside and around the school was increased to maintain calm and provide additional supervision.
- 1 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 2 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 3 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 4 'Lianne La Havas gets big love from Koko crowd'
- 5 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 6 Single evokes lockdown 'fairytale' camp on Hampstead Heath
- 7 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 8 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 9 Beloved father choked to death on cauliflower after Highgate Care Home 'neglect'
- 10 Tributes paid to Belsize 'man of many talents' who co-founded Abacus school
Police enquiries are ongoing.