Man stabbed in brawl outside Acland Burghley School
- Credit: Archant
A man has been stabbed in a mid-morning brawl outside a secondary school, while children studied metres away.
Teachers at Acland Burghley School in Tufnell Park kept all but the oldest pupils indoors over lunchtime after a group of men fought on the street outside their grounds at 11.20am on Friday, September 19.
A man believed to have been stabbed in the fight walked into Kentish Town Fire Station in Highgate Road with an abdominal wound 11 minutes later.
He was taken to a west London hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police are linking the incidents. but it is not thought anyone involved in the fight was a pupil.
You may also want to watch:
Associate headteacher Anna Peduzzi wrote on the school’s website: “Following police advice, we kept Year 11 students in school at lunchtime on Friday, and directed Years 12 and 13 away from the crime scene to enable officers to conduct their investigation.
“Students were very co-operative and staff presence outside and around the school was increased to maintain calm and provide additional supervision.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
- 9 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
Police enquiries are ongoing.