Man stabbed in brawl outside Acland Burghley School
- Credit: Archant
A man has been stabbed in a mid-morning brawl outside a secondary school, while children studied metres away.
Teachers at Acland Burghley School in Tufnell Park kept all but the oldest pupils indoors over lunchtime after a group of men fought on the street outside their grounds at 11.20am on Friday, September 19.
A man believed to have been stabbed in the fight walked into Kentish Town Fire Station in Highgate Road with an abdominal wound 11 minutes later.
He was taken to a west London hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police are linking the incidents. but it is not thought anyone involved in the fight was a pupil.
You may also want to watch:
Associate headteacher Anna Peduzzi wrote on the school’s website: “Following police advice, we kept Year 11 students in school at lunchtime on Friday, and directed Years 12 and 13 away from the crime scene to enable officers to conduct their investigation.
“Students were very co-operative and staff presence outside and around the school was increased to maintain calm and provide additional supervision.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
Police enquiries are ongoing.