Man stabbed in brawl outside Acland Burghley School
- Credit: Archant
A man has been stabbed in a mid-morning brawl outside a secondary school, while children studied metres away.
Teachers at Acland Burghley School in Tufnell Park kept all but the oldest pupils indoors over lunchtime after a group of men fought on the street outside their grounds at 11.20am on Friday, September 19.
A man believed to have been stabbed in the fight walked into Kentish Town Fire Station in Highgate Road with an abdominal wound 11 minutes later.
He was taken to a west London hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police are linking the incidents. but it is not thought anyone involved in the fight was a pupil.
You may also want to watch:
Associate headteacher Anna Peduzzi wrote on the school’s website: “Following police advice, we kept Year 11 students in school at lunchtime on Friday, and directed Years 12 and 13 away from the crime scene to enable officers to conduct their investigation.
“Students were very co-operative and staff presence outside and around the school was increased to maintain calm and provide additional supervision.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 3 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 7 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 8 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 9 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Police enquiries are ongoing.