Man stabbed in brawl outside Acland Burghley School
- Credit: Archant
A man has been stabbed in a mid-morning brawl outside a secondary school, while children studied metres away.
Teachers at Acland Burghley School in Tufnell Park kept all but the oldest pupils indoors over lunchtime after a group of men fought on the street outside their grounds at 11.20am on Friday, September 19.
A man believed to have been stabbed in the fight walked into Kentish Town Fire Station in Highgate Road with an abdominal wound 11 minutes later.
He was taken to a west London hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police are linking the incidents. but it is not thought anyone involved in the fight was a pupil.
You may also want to watch:
Associate headteacher Anna Peduzzi wrote on the school’s website: “Following police advice, we kept Year 11 students in school at lunchtime on Friday, and directed Years 12 and 13 away from the crime scene to enable officers to conduct their investigation.
“Students were very co-operative and staff presence outside and around the school was increased to maintain calm and provide additional supervision.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
Police enquiries are ongoing.