Man shot in the chest while with friends in Camden Town park
- Credit: Archant
A police investigation is under way after a man was shot in the chest late at night in a Camden Town park.
A 23-year old man went to hospital in the early hours of Thursday (July 16) after being shot in Castlehaven Community Park, police understand.
The victim was reportedly with a group of friends when he was shot.
He then ran into the road and flagged down a passing driver, who took him to hospital. The victim’s wounds were not life-threatening.
No arrests have been made and police are trying to trace the driver as a potential witness.
You may also want to watch:
Tricia Richards, Castlehaven Community Association’s CEO, said: “We are saddened that this has happened within our community park.
“We are working with the police with their inquiries and are here for the local community if they need our support during this period.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
Sir Keir Starmer, Holborn and St Pancras’ MP, said: “I know that this incident will have caused a great deal of concern for local residents and my team are working closely with the council and the police.
“I urge anyone with relevant information to come forward.
“No one should feel unsafe in our community. As we come out of lockdown, effective youth safety work is more important than ever.
“I will continue to work as co-chair of the Camden Youth Safety Taskforce to help our young people stay safe and succeed.”
A police cordon was taken down in the park on Castlehaven Road on Thursday as investigations continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with information can call the police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC, quoting CAD 670/16Jul
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org