Man shot in the chest while with friends in Camden Town park
- Credit: Archant
A police investigation is under way after a man was shot in the chest late at night in a Camden Town park.
A 23-year old man went to hospital in the early hours of Thursday (July 16) after being shot in Castlehaven Community Park, police understand.
The victim was reportedly with a group of friends when he was shot.
He then ran into the road and flagged down a passing driver, who took him to hospital. The victim’s wounds were not life-threatening.
No arrests have been made and police are trying to trace the driver as a potential witness.
Tricia Richards, Castlehaven Community Association’s CEO, said: “We are saddened that this has happened within our community park.
“We are working with the police with their inquiries and are here for the local community if they need our support during this period.”
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 7 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
Sir Keir Starmer, Holborn and St Pancras’ MP, said: “I know that this incident will have caused a great deal of concern for local residents and my team are working closely with the council and the police.
“I urge anyone with relevant information to come forward.
“No one should feel unsafe in our community. As we come out of lockdown, effective youth safety work is more important than ever.
“I will continue to work as co-chair of the Camden Youth Safety Taskforce to help our young people stay safe and succeed.”
A police cordon was taken down in the park on Castlehaven Road on Thursday as investigations continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with information can call the police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC, quoting CAD 670/16Jul
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org