Man shot in the chest while with friends in Camden Town park
- Credit: Archant
A police investigation is under way after a man was shot in the chest late at night in a Camden Town park.
A 23-year old man went to hospital in the early hours of Thursday (July 16) after being shot in Castlehaven Community Park, police understand.
The victim was reportedly with a group of friends when he was shot.
He then ran into the road and flagged down a passing driver, who took him to hospital. The victim’s wounds were not life-threatening.
No arrests have been made and police are trying to trace the driver as a potential witness.
You may also want to watch:
Tricia Richards, Castlehaven Community Association’s CEO, said: “We are saddened that this has happened within our community park.
“We are working with the police with their inquiries and are here for the local community if they need our support during this period.”
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 8 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 9 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
Sir Keir Starmer, Holborn and St Pancras’ MP, said: “I know that this incident will have caused a great deal of concern for local residents and my team are working closely with the council and the police.
“I urge anyone with relevant information to come forward.
“No one should feel unsafe in our community. As we come out of lockdown, effective youth safety work is more important than ever.
“I will continue to work as co-chair of the Camden Youth Safety Taskforce to help our young people stay safe and succeed.”
A police cordon was taken down in the park on Castlehaven Road on Thursday as investigations continue.
Any witnesses or anyone with information can call the police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC, quoting CAD 670/16Jul
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org