Man punched after confronting suspected South End Green ‘cashpoint scammers’
- Credit: londonremembers.com
A man was punched in the head and pushed to the ground after using a cashpoint machine in South End Green.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the attack at around 11.15am on May 1 which came after the 38-year-old victim confronted two men who he suspected of being involved in an ATM scam at the cashpoint in Heathhurst Road.
A police spokesman said: “The victim was involved in a verbal altercation with two suspects at an ATM.
“The suspects then followed the victim and in South End Road one of the suspects punched victim in the head, then pushed him to floor causing further injury.”
The suspects are described as Asian males, aged around 30-35 years-old.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses should call Camden police on 101.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points