Man punched after confronting suspected South End Green ‘cashpoint scammers’
- Credit: londonremembers.com
A man was punched in the head and pushed to the ground after using a cashpoint machine in South End Green.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the attack at around 11.15am on May 1 which came after the 38-year-old victim confronted two men who he suspected of being involved in an ATM scam at the cashpoint in Heathhurst Road.
A police spokesman said: “The victim was involved in a verbal altercation with two suspects at an ATM.
“The suspects then followed the victim and in South End Road one of the suspects punched victim in the head, then pushed him to floor causing further injury.”
The suspects are described as Asian males, aged around 30-35 years-old.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses should call Camden police on 101.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate