Man punched after confronting suspected South End Green ‘cashpoint scammers’
- Credit: londonremembers.com
A man was punched in the head and pushed to the ground after using a cashpoint machine in South End Green.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the attack at around 11.15am on May 1 which came after the 38-year-old victim confronted two men who he suspected of being involved in an ATM scam at the cashpoint in Heathhurst Road.
A police spokesman said: “The victim was involved in a verbal altercation with two suspects at an ATM.
“The suspects then followed the victim and in South End Road one of the suspects punched victim in the head, then pushed him to floor causing further injury.”
The suspects are described as Asian males, aged around 30-35 years-old.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses should call Camden police on 101.
- 1 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 2 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 3 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Rebuilt Carlton Tavern will be 'heart of the community' say hopeful landlords
- 6 West Hampstead restaurant cooks for NHS carers
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics