Man injured by hit and run moped
A MAN has suffered serious injuries after a moped mowed him down in a hit and run incident in Kentish Town.
The victim was struck by a man riding a black Vespa as he tried to cross at the corner of Junction Road and Cathcart Hill at around 7.30pm on Sunday night.
Despite hitting the man, the rider failed to stop and raced off towards Tufnell Park.
Paramedics were called to the scene and the injured man was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington where he was treated for a broken leg and hip, as well as a fractured pelvis.
Detectives investigating the incident found the moped involved in the accident abandoned in Dartmouth Park Road on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Islington Police said: “Police were called at 19:46 on Sunday 27 February 2011, to Junction Road/Cathcart Hill to reports of a fail to stop road traffic collision involving a motorcycle and a pedestrian.
“London Ambulance Service attended and conveyed the male pedestrian to St Mary’s hospital with serious non life threatening injuries.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
There have currently been no arrests.