Man injured by hit and run moped
A MAN has suffered serious injuries after a moped mowed him down in a hit and run incident in Kentish Town.
The victim was struck by a man riding a black Vespa as he tried to cross at the corner of Junction Road and Cathcart Hill at around 7.30pm on Sunday night.
Despite hitting the man, the rider failed to stop and raced off towards Tufnell Park.
Paramedics were called to the scene and the injured man was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington where he was treated for a broken leg and hip, as well as a fractured pelvis.
Detectives investigating the incident found the moped involved in the accident abandoned in Dartmouth Park Road on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Islington Police said: “Police were called at 19:46 on Sunday 27 February 2011, to Junction Road/Cathcart Hill to reports of a fail to stop road traffic collision involving a motorcycle and a pedestrian.
“London Ambulance Service attended and conveyed the male pedestrian to St Mary’s hospital with serious non life threatening injuries.”
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 4 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 5 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 6 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
There have currently been no arrests.