Man injured by hit and run moped
A MAN has suffered serious injuries after a moped mowed him down in a hit and run incident in Kentish Town.
The victim was struck by a man riding a black Vespa as he tried to cross at the corner of Junction Road and Cathcart Hill at around 7.30pm on Sunday night.
Despite hitting the man, the rider failed to stop and raced off towards Tufnell Park.
Paramedics were called to the scene and the injured man was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington where he was treated for a broken leg and hip, as well as a fractured pelvis.
Detectives investigating the incident found the moped involved in the accident abandoned in Dartmouth Park Road on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Islington Police said: “Police were called at 19:46 on Sunday 27 February 2011, to Junction Road/Cathcart Hill to reports of a fail to stop road traffic collision involving a motorcycle and a pedestrian.
“London Ambulance Service attended and conveyed the male pedestrian to St Mary’s hospital with serious non life threatening injuries.”
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 4 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 5 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 6 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 7 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 8 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 9 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
There have currently been no arrests.