Man in ‘critical’ condition following Camden Town stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A man is in “critical” condition after being stabbed in an off-licence.
The victim, thought to be in his 50s, was attacked at around 1.40pm yesterday (Sunday) at Camden Local Store in Camden High Street.
Roads were closed around the scene of the crime as police scoured the area.
It is thought the attacker used a pair of scissors.
A man has been arrested, and police confirmed this morning he remains in custody in a central London police station.
You may also want to watch:
A Met spokesman said: “Police were called to a shop in Camden High Street, Camden, to reports of stabbing at approximately 1.40pm on Sunday, 20 September.
“London Ambulance Service were also called to the scene.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Crouch End Vampires help feed homeless with soup kitchen fundraiser
- 6 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
“A man was treated for injuries and taken to a central London hospital where he is in a critical condition.
“Some minutes later, officers from the British Transport Police arrested a man in connection with the assault.
“He is in custody at a central London police station.”