Man in court charged with trying to sell flat of dead millionairess Carole Waugh
A man has appeared in court charged with posing as a dead Marylebone millionairess’ brother in a bid to sell her flat.
Nicholas Kutner, 47, allegedly rented out a �650,000 flat in Harrowby Street belonging to Carole Waugh shortly after she want missing in April, Camberwell Green Magistrates Court heard today (Monday, August 8).
Kutner is accused of posing as Ms Waugh’s brother Chris to let the property in Tressard Court to two different people.
Having allegedly collected �10,000 in rent, Kutner is then accused of contacting an estate agent to try to put the flat on the market.
Kutner is further accused of fraudulently withdrawing money from Ms Waugh’s bank account.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody to appear on August 13 at Southwark Crown Court.
Kutner, of no fixed address, was arrested last Tuesday at Luton airport as he returned from a family holiday in Mallorca.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 8 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 9 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home