Man in court charged with trying to sell flat of dead millionairess Carole Waugh
A man has appeared in court charged with posing as a dead Marylebone millionairess’ brother in a bid to sell her flat.
Nicholas Kutner, 47, allegedly rented out a �650,000 flat in Harrowby Street belonging to Carole Waugh shortly after she want missing in April, Camberwell Green Magistrates Court heard today (Monday, August 8).
Kutner is accused of posing as Ms Waugh’s brother Chris to let the property in Tressard Court to two different people.
Having allegedly collected �10,000 in rent, Kutner is then accused of contacting an estate agent to try to put the flat on the market.
Kutner is further accused of fraudulently withdrawing money from Ms Waugh’s bank account.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody to appear on August 13 at Southwark Crown Court.
Kutner, of no fixed address, was arrested last Tuesday at Luton airport as he returned from a family holiday in Mallorca.
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill