Man in court charged with trying to sell flat of dead millionairess Carole Waugh
A man has appeared in court charged with posing as a dead Marylebone millionairess’ brother in a bid to sell her flat.
Nicholas Kutner, 47, allegedly rented out a �650,000 flat in Harrowby Street belonging to Carole Waugh shortly after she want missing in April, Camberwell Green Magistrates Court heard today (Monday, August 8).
Kutner is accused of posing as Ms Waugh’s brother Chris to let the property in Tressard Court to two different people.
Having allegedly collected �10,000 in rent, Kutner is then accused of contacting an estate agent to try to put the flat on the market.
Kutner is further accused of fraudulently withdrawing money from Ms Waugh’s bank account.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody to appear on August 13 at Southwark Crown Court.
Kutner, of no fixed address, was arrested last Tuesday at Luton airport as he returned from a family holiday in Mallorca.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United